Change Cash reciepts to Credit Card

Options
Rainbolt
Rainbolt Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer
I set up a client on Expensify and they imported a few months worth of expenses into the system. When the import came in and the staff went through the approval process the transactions were all set to cash, not the corporate card.
I would like to change all of the transactions to the appropriate card instead of cash before importing them into QuickBooks Desktop.
When the import happens if it is Cash I get an AJE for all of the transactions in that report with a single date. I We set up corporate credit cards in Expensify and on-going the transactions are being reported as credit cards,to the correct account. It was the initial import that are all cash.

Answers

• Ben Fitz
    Ben Fitz Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 117 Expensify Team
    Options
    Hey @Rainbolt, thanks for reaching out! 

Presently, you're not able to change the symbol associated with an expense as this indicates how an expense was imported into Expensify. 

When you set up the corporate cards, you would have been prompted to choose a start date. It sounds like you chose a date after the end of the initial import. 

One suggestion I might make is to unassign and reassign these cards, choosing an earlier transaction date. This would allow for the import of these transactions from the feed, which would result in them being properly marked as corporate card transactions and following the intended export path. 

Let me know if you have any further questions here!
  • Rainbolt
    Rainbolt Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer
    Options
    What I ended up doing was export the transactions as an .csv file. Then I used the batch transaction entry in QuickBooks to put the transactions into the correct account. In expensify I marked reports as "reimbursed" so it is off the to-do list. This was a conversion issue, I had all the staff import their transactions from the credit cards into expensify. FYI The start date on credit card was set to prior to initial import, but since this was a conversion issue I'm not concerned
  • Zany Renney
    Zany Renney Approved! Accountant Posts: 171 Expensify Team
    Options
    Awesome @Rainbolt ! I am glad that you managed to resolve this by importing your transactions via a CSV file.

It's tips like this that help other customers too, so thank you for posting your workaround! 

If you have any further question, don't hesitate to post them here or ask in our Concierge platform.