How do I avoid "Report cannot be submitted: SmartScan still in progress?"

dromard
dromard Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer
edited December 2019 in Day to Day
I have to submit an older report of expenses, but I cannot because SmartScan is still in process for recent receipts that have nothing to do with the older report.

Why am I being blocked? Do SmartScan receipts have to be assigned to a report by default? 

Best Answers

• Nicole Trepanier
    Nicole Trepanier Expensify Team Posts: 498 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓
    Hi @dromard! If you are using Scheduled Submit at either the policy or individual level, receipts are automatically assigned to the most recent open report. You can move these of of the report by going to the attachment section of the report and clicking on each receipt. There will be a report dropdown that will allow you to move them to another report or no report at all. Let me know if you have any questions!
  • Lauren Schurr
    Lauren Schurr Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 137 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓
    Good clarifying question, @dromard! Receipts will be added to the most recently edited/modified Open report. There isn't a way to designate the one report you'd like new receipts to be added to, but I can see how that would be useful. Typically, we recommend completing reports so that you don't have many Open reports as this can become confusing. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Answers