How to: Enable Scheduled Submit for a group policy

Ariel Green
Ariel Green Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 111 Expensify Team
edited June 2021 in How-to Docs

Scheduled Submit can be enabled on the individual policy level or on the group policy level.

To enable Scheduled Submit on your group policy:

1. Navigate to Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy Name] > Reports > Scheduled Submit.*
  2. Use the toggle to enable Scheduled Submit.
  3. Choose your desired frequency.

*If you're unable to access this page, then you are not a Policy Admin. Please reach out to a Policy Admin for help.

If you've disabled Scheduled Submit on the group policy level (or set to a manual frequency), and noticed expense reports are still automatically submitted, it's likely because Scheduled Submit is enabled on the Individual Policy settings. You can learn more about this here.

Related articles:

Tagged:

Comments

• XL_Sean
    XL_Sean Expensify Customer Posts: 2
    I have the Scheduled Submit setup at the group level, and it's automatically creating them and submitting them. But according to this, it will "hold back" expenses with policy violations and notify the employee to correct. But it's not, it's submitting them, even with policy violations and I'm having to reject and send back to employees and it's causing all sorts of issues. What am I missing?
  • Karisa Latta
    Karisa Latta Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 147 Expensify Team

Hey @XL_Sean !

Users can still manually submit a report that has violations. They are prompted with a warning message when doing so but can choose to still submit. You can make violations a hard stop by enabling Domains and setting Domain Group restrictions.

You can tell if a report was manually submitted by checking the Report History & Comments to see how the submission line is worded. If it was an automatic submission by Concierge, it will say "Concierge submitted this report (via Scheduled Submit) to [approver]". I took a quick look through your most recent group reports and it seems that employee manual submission is much more common than Concierge submission.

If Concierge is really submitting reports incorrectly, please grab the report ID from the top of the report and reach out to concierge@expensify.com and our support team will be happy to help you out.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have more questions and sorry for the huge delay here. I'll look into our notification system and see what went wrong.