Expensify.org/hunger SNAP campaign status
We’re no longer accepting new participants as our focus is on reimbursing existing claims. While we’re unable to provide a specific timeline on when your report will be reimbursed, we’re doing our best to drive donations and keep reimbursements moving forward. If you know anyone who can donate to this campaign please encourage them to enable Personal or Corporate Karma on their Expensify account.

We're currently experiencing issues with our American Express and Capital One connections. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

Include the ability to turn off notifications/and or features for the New Expensify Card

Comments

• VinnyVinny Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer
    They are ignoring us until they’ve emailed every user. Once they’ve have completed their launch we’ll get a mea culpa and a switch to close the barn door now that the cow is gone. 

• Ryan SchafferRyan Schaffer Expensify Team Posts: 2 Expensify Team
    Hey everybody! Sorry for this mishap, we have an update going out shortly that should fix it. 

In short, we had some notifications that were not sent in the correct order.
    Many employees were sent a message asking for their address so we could send them a card. This message shouldn't be sent until the employees have had card limits set for their account by their admin. Obviously, sending this message before an admin has set card limits for the employee doesn't make sense. 

A fix for this is going live soon and employees will not be asked for their mailing address until their admin has set them a card limit. Thank you for raising this to our attention and sorry for the confusion. We appreciate you! 
  • DaveweezDaveweez Expensify Customer Posts: 179 Expensify Aficionado
  • KatieScoularKatieScoular Expensify Customer Posts: 6 Expensify Newcomer
    @Ryan Schaffer are you also getting rid of the "to do" item in the employees Expensify inbox? Are you going to not send marketing emails from your CEO to all of our employees going forward? Because the email notifications that requested their address is only part of the issue.
  • JuliaJulia Expensify Customer Posts: 143 Expensify Pro
    @Ryan Schaffer
    Thanks for the update and the action on your end. These are some great first steps. I hope you take everyone's feedback into consideration and take action to change how this is currently being marketed and presented. 
  • david_wheatdavid_wheat Expensify Customer Posts: 9 Expensify Newcomer
    We just blocked all emails from [email protected]  Feels like a start...
  • VinnyVinny Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer
    Our spam came from [email protected] which sends necessary emails as well so the block won't work from us. I second @KatieScoular - how to we turn off all non-transactional emails to our users? Spam the admins all you like, but our users should never get emails we don't approve.
  • Zany RenneyZany Renney Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Posts: 59 Expensify Team
    Hi there @KatieScoular

The change in the Inbox Task was designed to clarify the process of getting a card but you are not obligated to get this feature if you do not want to. 
    I appreciate you taking the time to write in, would you be able to share what is it about this other card program that makes it more suited for you than the Expensify Card? 
    We're trying to open a dialogue with our customers as we are trying to understand how to create a more useful expense management platform for our customers. One aspect of which was to give customers access to a free card that makes managing expenses even easier.
    I look forward to hearing back from you.
  • JonannaJonanna Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    @Zany Renney...I would recommend step 1 in the "useful expense management platform" would be to check with administrators instead of force feeding your personal agenda onto unsuspecting users and violating confidential information in order for people to trust your product.  At this point in time, the trust has been lost that Expensify can perform simple tasks to the benefit of their existing clients.
  • DaveweezDaveweez Expensify Customer Posts: 179 Expensify Aficionado
    @Zany Renney

Please note that @Ryan Schaffer said:

In short, we had some notifications that were not sent in the correct order.
    Many employees were sent a message asking for their address so we could send them a card. This message shouldn't be sent until the employees have had card limits set for their account by their admin. Obviously, sending this message before an admin has set card limits for the employee doesn't make sense. 

A fix for this is going live soon and employees will not be asked for their mailing address until their admin has set them a card limit. Thank you for raising this to our attention and sorry for the confusion. We appreciate you! 

This makes me think that if Joanna did not set a card limit, then this card will not show up in the inbox. Can you confirm if that is correct or if I misunderstood?

• CControllerCController Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
    When our employees log in, they now get this massive gif asking them to ask to be signed up for a Visa credit card. It's confusing our employees. They think we're issuing credit cards now. How is this at all OK? 
  • MSabMSab Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
    The fact there isn't an option for a company's admin to control the messaging that appears on every employee's main page is ridiculous. This is a very unprofessional way of rolling out a new product and the product/marketing team at Expensify needs to go back to the drawing board on how B2B sales works.  
  • WooHooWuWooHooWu Expensify Customer Posts: 13 Expensify Admirer
    edited January 22
    Wow, I am so glad I decided to search the community forums to see if other companies are dealing with this same problem! I wouldn't be surprised if Expensify lost a lot of their customers in 2020... I mean, how hard is it to stop sending our users email to get them to sign up for the Expensify card? Instead, their reaction is just "ignore the request." Such poor customer support...