Expensify Card Launch Discussion

System
System Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 30 Expensify Team

Comments

• TimSamuelCFO
    TimSamuelCFO Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Hello,   I'm really interested in this credit card for the non profit I serve.  How do you deal with fraud on credit cards with a daily settlement.  For example, our offices were closed on Black Friday and fraudulent purchase were made on one users card.  They didn't call the bank until Wednesday the week after Thanksgiving and the credit card company alerted them.  We wouldn't have noticed that until that until the user went to do his credit card report.  Do you offer similar alerts?   Also, we ask employees to settle their last 30 days of purchases to tie to the credit card statement. Since its all integrated with the accounting software, what have you seen large non profits do in asking people when to do their expense reports?  Do they now just use the unapproved expense feature to determine when people should reconcile?  Thanks so much!  
  • Zany Renney
    Zany Renney Approved! Accountant Posts: 171 Expensify Team
    Hi Tim!

Thanks for your interest. I am going through your questions one by one:

How do you deal with fraud on credit cards with a daily settlement? Do you offer alerts for suspected fraudulent transactions?

1. A user receives real-time notifications on their expenditure which would mean they are immediately alerted if there are transactions they do not recognise. 
    2. We offer 24/7 charge cancellations via Interactive Voice Response.
    3. Users can also dispute charges via our Concierge platform.
    4. We offer immediate credit return upon investigation on disputes.

Regarding your unapproved expenses limits when using the card:
    Your assign unapproved expense limits should be assigned with what's in line with policy for general cash expenses.

Regarding your question about when people should reconcile:
    I need a little more context as to what you mean here. Are employees responsible for reconciling their own credit cards at present? When you say 'when' people should reconcile, what exactly do you mean?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

• SashaWilliams1
    SashaWilliams1 Expensify Customer Posts: 1
    Our company is expanding internationally, is the card a good option for employees who do not have an US bank account?
  • WooHooWu
    WooHooWu Expensify Customer Posts: 13 Expensify Admirer
    @TSachs @ScotMosley There is a more appropriate thread for this here. I think it'd be a good idea to add your comments there as well so they are all in one section for everybody to see. 
  • avm5689
    avm5689 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
    Echoing the above sentiments, but adding another one: your support on this product is atrocious. I've been trying to get help with an issue regarding all transactions being declined, but for two days I haven't even gotten an acknowledgement that they're investigating it.
  • Kimberli
    Kimberli Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer
    We need a way to stop the notifications to all of our users! We do not plan to use the Expensify Card. We do not even reimburse through Expensify. Yet, I am getting inundated daily with the email below. Then having to explain that we don't use the Expensify Card. 

*************************************************************************************
    I'd like to use the Expensify Card to manage my work expenses. It will remind me to scan receipts when needed and so much more!

---
    xxxxx has requested an Expensify Card, click here to set their card up!
    If you haven't heard yet the Expensify Card is the world's smartest corporate card with the highest spend and safest limits, guarded by our industry-first daily settlement and realtime compliance features.
  • Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Hi @SashaWilliams1, I am an Expensify employee based in New Zealand, and I use the Expensify card. As long as your bank account is within the US, you can have the cards shipped to those internationally. NB: The transactions will all be in USD.
  • Cortney Ofstad
    Cortney Ofstad Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 173 Expensify Team
    Hi @Grenouille, @BenDH, @WooHooWu, @TSachs, @ScotMosley, and @Kimberli — thank you all for taking the time to reach out on this! 

I want to clarify -- we don't have the ability to disable the Expensify Card Inbox task right now, but I will make sure your voice is heard by the product team. In case it’s helpful, this Community post has more details on the update and why we made this change.

If you all have any other questions, please let us know.

• Cortney Ofstad
    Cortney Ofstad Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 173 Expensify Team
    Hi @avm5689 — sorry to hear this! I checked our system and it shows that our Success Team has been in contact with you recently, but if you have any other questions or need anything else, please let us know.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out!
  • Kimberli
    Kimberli Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer
    Understanding "why" you made this update does not stop the emails that I am getting requesting a card. What an insanely poor decision to try to sell us something through our users. The announcements in their inboxes are misleading. I've had every person in our senior staff contact me to make the announcements stop. Please fix this mess! 
  • WooHooWu
    WooHooWu Expensify Customer Posts: 13 Expensify Admirer
    I think everyone who is complaining about the tasks, emails, notifications, etc has had their senior staff contact them correctly?
  • Sonia Liapounova
    Sonia Liapounova Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 211 Expensify Team
    Hi everyone,

If you're interested in casting your vote on the suggestion to include the ability to turn off notifications/and or features for the Expensify Card, you can do so here.

@Kimberli @WooHooWu
  • CompanyAdmin
    CompanyAdmin Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

How do you turn off these horrible soliciations for credit card and invasion of privacy of our employees and complete disrespect to the company's wishes, rules and policies! This is ridiculous. We do not want you card pushed into our employes faces. These people don't even have a live person to talk to. Absolute junk!

• gschwarzer
    gschwarzer Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

I'll put this on as many threads as possible until it stops QUICKLY or we opt out of our contract.

I am President of our company and have decision making power on technology we use.

STOP sending emails to my employees that they cannot opt out of and promoting your card in the app. If not, attrition is coming your way quickly.

This is NOT OK.

• Expensify_Admin_NY
    Expensify_Admin_NY Expensify Customer Posts: 2

I agree with the others posting here. Stop these unsolicited advertisements of your Expensify Corporate Cards! I am the admin for Expensify at my company. Our company is not interested in your card, so our employees cannot and will not sign up for it. It is causing nothing but confusion and more work for our employees. STOP THE ADVERTISING..TAKE IT OFF THE LOGIN AND HOMEPAGE OF THE PRODUCT!!!