DISCOVER CARD stopped working weeks ago

Options
bsk713
bsk713 Expensify Customer Posts: 11 Expensify Admirer
edited March 2020 in Integrations and API

I have a ticket in with Expensify's Concierge for this. I reported a few weeks ago that the download from Discover Card stopped working. It works fine with Visa, MC, but Discover throws an error message saying:

"No Direct Connection. It appears that you have not enabled Direct Connect for your bank account. Please log into your bank to enable this service and then try again here. Check out our Direct Connect guide to see how to set this up."

Nothing was changed on my Discover Account. Discover says it's a problem with Expensify. Expensify Concierge just emailed me today saying there is no ETA for the fix. This is a problem because one of the main cards I use for travel is now unusable.

Anybody else care about this?

Best Answer

• Amanda DeWitt
    Amanda DeWitt Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 83 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @rterf

As it stands, the Discover connection isn't actively being repaired as the issue lies on the Discover side. That being said, we are making great strides in moving over bank connections to a more stable API connection that will allow us to troubleshoot these issues more easily. Though, we don't have an ETA at this time on when a new connection will be available as it greatly depends on working with each bank/card provider.

In the meantime, you will need to upload a spreadsheet of transactions from this bank/card provider to easily get your transactions into Expensify.

You might also want to consider switching to one of our recommended credit card connections. Here’s the list of cards/banks I recommend:

• Bank of America
    • Citibank
    • Capital One
    • Chase
    • Wells Fargo

These are the most reliable API connections available in Expensify at this time.

Answers