Transaction import from Wells Fargo paused. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

Include the ability to turn off notifications/and or features for the New Expensify Card

Comments

• Kevin SullivanKevin Sullivan Expensify Team Posts: 2 Expensify Team
    Hello everyone! 

We appreciate your feedback, and apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused when sending the wrong message to your employees. The Expensify Card is a feature that we’ve released to our customers for no additional cost that streamlines our expense management product. We aren’t attempting to upsell our customers, rather we’re giving employees the option to let their preferences be heard. The ability to enable the card is totally up to the admin though, and until a limit is set for a user, they will not receive a card.

With that said, we want to make sure we’re listening to the issues you’re having and providing the best experience possible. We have changed our notification settings so that users can turn off email reminders for the card by going to Settings > Accounts > Preferences and unchecking “Relevant feature updates and Expensify news”. This will stop any email reminders related to requesting the card. 

Thank you for your patience! 
  • cparsonscparsons Expensify Customer Posts: 30 Expensify Newcomer
    @Kevin Sullivan I am a little confused as well as to why this cant be set at admin level for all other users, maybe having a tickbox by user.  Even more unsure why you have chosen to add in report update and rejection notices into this, these are helpful notifications and helps to ensure reports are done and submitted in a timely manner and should not really be configurable at end user level.
  • KimberliKimberli Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer
    The last update I see says we can turn off notifications but that is only for ourselves, correct? We need to be able to stop the notifications to all users. I are being inundated with the email below. Then I have to respond to each one explaining that we don't use the Expensify Card. Make it stop!

***********************************************************************************
    I'd like to use the Expensify Card to manage my work expenses. It will remind me to scan receipts when needed and so much more!

---
    xxxxxx has requested an Expensify Card, click here to set their card up!
    If you haven't heard yet the Expensify Card is the world's smartest corporate card with the highest spend and safest limits, guarded by our industry-first daily settlement and realtime compliance features.
  • WooHooWuWooHooWu Expensify Customer Posts: 13 Expensify Admirer
    @KatieScoular I do not know if this was an existing setting or not but I have no confidence that Expensify will make that setting an option for admins to turn on and off for everyone. I say that because I have never seen an application that does not allow administrators to change First Name, Last Name, or Email address for their employees...
  • Zany RenneyZany Renney Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Posts: 87 Expensify Team
    Hello everyone!

Thanks for sharing your candid feedback with us. 

Whilst most of what has been raised here has been covered off earlier in the thread, I would like to clear up the wording of the Inbox task as that seems to causing the most confusion!

When you click the “I’ll ask them in person” option to hide the Expensify Card Inbox Task, you are not actually agreeing to anything, you simply are opting to hide the task.

If we make any further changes to these notifications that are related to the requests in this thread, we’ll be sure to update everyone right away.

Once again, thanks for being active members of the Expensify Community!
  • bgo_555bgo_555 Expensify Customer Posts: 10 Expensify Admirer
    Thanks for the response @Zany Renney but I think what we're really looking for is admin level rights to prevent mail/notifications like these? I believe that was more eloquently covered by previous posts above.
  • Sonia LiapounovaSonia Liapounova Expensify Team Posts: 133 Expensify Team
    Hi everyone, thank you for your feedback on how you would like the notification to be managed! I will share your insight with my product team.
  • bgo_555bgo_555 Expensify Customer Posts: 10 Expensify Admirer
    Hi Expensify Team. Sorry to be a bother but I literally unchecked the box for receiving Expensify news and alerts yesterday and the first thing I receive today is an incentive email for $500 if I convince my admin to use Expensify Cards... It would appear as though even the software features @Kevin Sullivan discussed are not enough to prevent ad spamming. What more is it going to take to turn these gratuitous communications off?
  • WooHooWuWooHooWu Expensify Customer Posts: 13 Expensify Admirer
    Did anybody else whether it's you or a user from your company get an email about "You can now request Karma Points"? Just another new e-mail that we don't want...
  • Amanda DeWittAmanda DeWitt Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 67 Expensify Team

Hey @bgo_555 and others who have disabled the notifications!

If you are still receiving emails, it's possible the emails were already queued to send when you disabled these particular notifications. Unfortunately, if the emails were already queued to go out, disabling notifications won't prevent the already queued items from being sent.

Though, this should stop emails moving forward! If you notice that emails are still being received within the next 24 hours after disabling, let us know and we can investigate further!

• Cortney OfstadCortney Ofstad Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 118 Expensify Team

Hi @khallvensure — thanks for taking the time to share your input on this. I apologize for any continued hassle that this has caused. While there is not a way to turn off the notifications from your employees at this time, your feedback and concerns have been shared with the team for future consideration and updates.

• JBrannonJBrannon Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer

Perhaps if Expensify does not want to listen, we all need to posting reviews online. If other companies are made aware of the issue of SPAM emails going to their employees AND not have the ability to turn them off, then they may decide to go elsewhere. May I suggest Google reviews and Yelp to start. If our company would have known this was going to happen, they would have looked elsewhere.

• JuliaJulia Expensify Customer Posts: 153 Expensify Pro

@khallvensure I tried emailing the CEO, along with a few higher ups in Marketing at Expensify.

They have a filter on that automatically blocks emails and sends them back.

Currently I've taken to twitter out of a lack of other options. I'm considering contacting their angel investors and venture capital firm, although I'd rather not because it'd involve calling in a few favors that I don't want to burn.

• NKPNKP Expensify Customer Posts: 8 Expensify Newcomer

This level of engagement with client users and the collection of user data seems highly suspect. I will be forwarding this on to my compliance team for vetting.

• kelskels Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

What makes this issue more concerning is the fact that this post has over 900 views and almost 90 comments, it does not sit anywhere near the top of the list of "hot" or "top" discussions.... despite the frequent activity on it, much more activity than the posts that are at the top.... That just makes it all so much sketchier. Like you are trying to hide this from other users who aren't yet aware of the marketing nightmare that is the Expensify card...

• JuliaJulia Expensify Customer Posts: 153 Expensify Pro

Just because I know this post has a lot of like minded individuals who are subscribed for notifications, I wanted to pull an Expensify and Shamelessly plug my own post I just created.

I really don't have the time or energy to find a new expense solution, so this is my last ditch effort to be heard and for Expensify to DO SOMETHING.

https://community.expensify.com/discussion/6163/an-open-and-honest-manifesto-to-expensify-if-you-care-to-listen