How to add an expense to a report that was created by someone else?

Cla
Cla Expensify Customer Posts: 3

Hi community!

I am going crazy to add an expense to a report that has been created by my partner!

We are both administrators.

But I do not see "his" reports...

any help?

thanks in advance!

Claudia

Best Answer

• Sonia Liapounova
    Sonia Liapounova Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 211 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓

Ah, got it. Yes, unfortunately you can't move expenses between accounts. However, you can Copilot into the other user's account and add expenses there.

For example, if you're helping Roberto add a bunch of his receipts, you can Copilot into his account on your mobile app and then take SmartScan photo of the receipts that need to be added to his account. Then you will be able to add them to reports in his account.

@Cla, if you need to move expenses from one account to another, one option is to use receipt forwarding. You'd need to download your receipt images and then email them to receipts@expensify.com with the copilot's email in the subject line. Take a look at this post here for instructions on how to forward receipts to a Copilot account.

I hope this helps!

Answers

• Julia
    Julia Expensify Customer Posts: 164 Expensify Pro

You may have to 'show filters' in the reports view, and then change the options to not include 'my reports only'.

Side note, you won't be able to add any expenses on their behalf unless they have you set up as a Co-Pilot. Hope that helps.

• Cla

Hi Julia

thanks for responding. as a matter of fact I had already the "all submitters" field selected and the copilot set up but I continue not seeing a report that has been created by the other copilot :(

Do you have any other idea?

Thank you

Claudia

• Julia
    Julia Expensify Customer Posts: 164 Expensify Pro

Hmm that's really puzzling. I would double check all your other filters, perhaps even reset them? If you have the filters currently enabled to only view open/processing, then maybe the user doesn't have an open report at the moment?

Also, you can verify that you're in Co-pilot mode because it will show up as a blue toned interface instead of the standard grey/black interface. Have you accessed it using Copilot before? You have to click the user icon on the top left, and then select the user under copilot access that you want to emulate.

Otherwise, is it possible you have multiple policies set up, and you're currently looking at a different one than the one he created it on? You can check what policy you're on by selecting the user icon on the top left, and then verify at the bottom which one is currently selected.

After racking my brain, these are the only things I can come up with! If the other user is able, perhaps they could log in and grab a link to the report. If you're an admin, you should at the very least be able to view it. If it says you don't have access to the report, that points to a bigger problem that you may not be set up the way you intended to.

• Sonia Liapounova
    Sonia Liapounova Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 211 Expensify Team

Hi @Cla are you looking to add the expenses to a report in the same account or in a different account?

Please note, you can add expenses only to a report created in the same account as the expenses. So you can only add expenses created in your account to a report in your account. You cannot add expenses created in your account to a report in Roberto's account.

If you're looking to add the expenses to a report in the same account then if could give me the report ID or name I could look it up for you to confirm where it is.

• Cla

Thank you both!

So I guess the answer is that I thought it could be possible to add expenses to a report created by a different account...

The 2 co pilot accounts are indeed separate Sonia! So that explain it.

Thabks again!

Claudia

• Cheryl Walsh
    Cheryl Walsh Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 107 Expensify Team

Hi @Cla I'm glad we were able to help you solve the issue! Please reach out again if you have any other queries!