Issues with the credit card reports - lack of customer service

TDeGrace
TDeGrace Expensify Customer Posts: 16 Expensify Newcomer

I keep having various issues with Expensify, last month it wouldn't sync with QuickBooks or export properly to QuickBooks, now the credit card reports are not coming in properly - for some reason I have two credit card reports for January and I am not able to combine them. Also, the report titles just randomly changed. I have a particularly tight deadline to close the month and cannot ask the employees to upload their credit card receipts because of the absolutely chaotic way the credit card reports are displaying in the report view. I have been asking for assistance with this for 24 hours and am once again getting excruciatingly slow responses that are basically putting the onus on me to fix their glitchy product. I have followed the steps in the documents they have sent me via links, (even though I have told them that it hasn't worked). How can I get some actual help?

Comments

• coltonshaw06
    coltonshaw06 Expensify Customer Posts: 27 Expensify Admirer

@TDeGrace While I cannot help with how you can get expensify support. It seems that a few of the items you listed could be easily fixable. Could you outline a bit of what you're experiencing in more detail for us to understand? Screenshots, steps, etc would be awesome.

• TDeGrace

Sure, this is what it looks like from one employee's perspective:

I have blocked the employee's name - but this is the same employee and the same month

I cannot fix the way the report name is coming in and I cannot move the charges from the report with the crazy title to the report with the better title, normally I could click on a charge and go to the drop-down menu (in edit expense) and move the charge but this is what I am encountering:

It is greyed out, I cannot move this expense

• Julia
    Julia Expensify Customer Posts: 164 Expensify Pro

Hey @TDeGrace. I wanted to give this a second look because of how much I feel your pain with the support issues.

Do you have statement reporting enabled at your domain level? Have you ever had it enabled?

• TDeGrace

@Julia - it's enabled right now. Honestly, I don't know if it was enabled in the past, the person who used to do the behind the scenes work with Expensify in our organization is no longer in my department - so I am trying to learn the back-end of Expensify while attempting to close the month. What I will say the way it is displaying at the report view does not match the "formula" on the Statement Reporting page. But there seems to be something else going on with the reports that came in with the crazy titles beyond the crazy titles - we cannot edit them.

• Julia
    Julia Expensify Customer Posts: 164 Expensify Pro

So if you have statement reporting enabled, it won't allow you to move the corporate credit card transactions onto a different report. Is it possible to look at a users prior months reports to better determine if you've always had automatic statement reporting enabled? Whenever Automatic Statement Reporting is enabled, the corporate credit card charges usually flow onto their own report separate from reimbursable expenses.

• TDeGrace

Hi @Julia, thank you so much for looking at this with me, I really appreciate it! I am not trying to combine the out-of-pocket or reimbursable expenses with the credit card expenses, I am trying to combine the two separate January credit card expense reports that were created in Expensify for whatever reason (both with different report names). Allegedly, the engineers are working on the problem now (fingers crossed they can figure out what is going on!), I did notice that one of the reports that had a less crazy name now has a completely different name now, so somebody is doing something in the background, it isn't me.

• Maddy Lewis
    Maddy Lewis Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 120 Expensify Team

Hi @TDeGrace - It looks like you've since reached out to our support team about this and we've raised the issue with our engineers. Due to the complexity of the issue, it's best to keep further communication about this in one thread with Concierge.

As soon as there's an update, one of my colleagues will reach out to you on the most recent thread you have open.

Thank you for hanging in there! We'll get this resolved soon!

• TDeGrace

@Maddy Lewis, when I first made this post, I had already repeatedly reached out to the support team for help. Sometimes hours, if not days go by without a response from the Concierge. That is very frustrating, especially when you are dealing with tight deadlines. What makes this even more frustrating is the fact that I had problems with Expensify last month as well and encountered the same issues with the customer service response being extremely slow and at times insulting. I was repeatedly told incorrect information. I just don't understand why Expensify doesn't have a more robust customer service department.

• Kadie Alexander
    Kadie Alexander Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 113 Expensify Team

Hey @TDeGrace, thank you for your honest feedback! I’m sorry for the frustration you’ve experienced so far. We’re working hard on improving the quality and timeliness of our Concierge support, as we value hearing from our users and we want to quickly resolve any issues that occur.

I can assure you our team are looking into your issue, and we’ll be in touch with an update through Concierge as soon as possible. If you have any questions or concerns about this issue please feel free to reach out to us directly.

• TDeGrace

@Kadie Alexander @Maddy Lewis - I finally got a response from the Concierge about the work that the engineers have completed and I got no solutions! I am absolutely livid! I specifically asked if the engineers were looking at the totality of the problems I am experiencing with the credit cards and I was assured they were, but the answer I received shows that they only looked at the report title issue, not the fact that credit card reports are missing expenses, not the fact that I was unable to move expenses from the reports with the wonky titles, in short I have no resolution! In the meantime, now some of the credit card reports are now auto-forwarding - I received a February credit card charge for approval and the employee did not not initiate it! To top off my horrible experience with Expensify this month - once again I am unable to export to QuickBooks and am unable to sync! This is unacceptable! Please escalate this so I get a resolution today!

• TDeGrace

@Kadie Alexander @Maddy Lewis - are you working on this? It has been almost 3 hours since I posted this

• Christina Dobryzynski
    Christina Dobryzynski Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 267 Expensify Team
    edited February 2020

Hi @TDeGrace, jumping in for Kadie and Maddy, to make sure we get a resolution to the issues you are having, I've responded to the private message you sent to concierge@expensify.com.

Please feel free to follow up in that private conversation thread with any questions!

• TDeGrace

Hi @Christina Dobryzynski, I have replied to the private conversation thread with some follow-up questions, hopefully it won't take 6 days to get a response! I have been asking for help with these issues since January 31.

• Christina Dobryzynski
    Christina Dobryzynski Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 267 Expensify Team

Perfect! Thank you for doing that @TDeGrace!

I see we've responded to your private conversation with the following suggestions:

• Keep statement reporting disabled.

• Enable Scheduled Submit on a group policy.

• Adjust Default Report Title.

• Use the Reconciliation Dashboard for those company card expenses.

Please feel free to follow up with any questions in our email conversation. Thanks!