FAQ: SmartScanned receipts and credit card's currency are different. Will they still match?

Options
Isabela Stisser
Isabela Stisser Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 200 Expensify Team
edited December 2019 in Day to Day

Yep! As long as the currency is clear, SmartScan is smart enough to convert to the proper currency (indicated by your policy or your account settings) and merge with the incoming credit card transaction.

Comments

• Mike_Lynch
    Mike_Lynch Approved! Accountant Posts: 1
    Options

Hi, I'm not seeing this in action. Credit card feed translates to $XX dollars and the receipt translates to $YY dollars. In practice, these 2 transactions don't match, because the amounts are different.

The way I read this post, they should match. Is there a setting to push a "fuzzy match" or something similar?

Thanks

• Christina Dobryzynski
    Christina Dobryzynski Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 267 Expensify Team
    edited February 2020
    Options

Welcome to the ExpensifyCommunity, @Mike_Lynch! I'm more than happy to look into this for you!

SmartScan should merge expenses in different currencies as long as the converted rates are within +/- 5%. If the currencies are the same, then the amounts must be an exact match to merge.

If you've encountered a situation where a cash expense (i.e., SmartScanned receipt) has not merged with a company card expense, I first recommend checking out this support article for some general troubleshooting steps.

If none of those apply, will you please reach out to me in an email sent to concierge@expensify.com with the details of these two expenses so I can take a peek?

Thank you!