Goodbye statement reporting, hello realtime reconciliation!

13»

Comments

• SAOSBR
    SAOSBR Approved! Accountant Posts: 36 Expensify Admirer

@LMS - 100% agree with your comments. @Nicole Trepanier - i can appreciate that you didn't take away the ones we already had on it but I'm frustrated that we cannot have the option to still use it. It causes such major headaches and clients are so bad at the proper use already. Can you try to bring it back ASAP!?

• SAOSBR

Hey guys - how do I have two separate report for a client who has two different types of CCs (one with Amex and one with BOA)? With Statement Reporting, I used to be able to do this but now without it, I can only have one report per each user for a period of time? Please advise and bring back statement reporting!!!!! @Nicole Trepanier

• Flavia Faria
    Flavia Faria Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 39 Expensify Team

Hey @SAOSBR can you help me understand why you need them in separate reports? What accounting system does your client use and how do you currently export their reports out of Expensify?

• SAOSBR

@Flavia Faria - ultimately the reason is because the employee is not able to keep it all straight with everything in one report. And it just keeps building up and on the clients I use the statement reporting for still (from past setups) the ones with two cards nicely have two reports - one we call the Chase Report and one for Amex Report...and they are able to keep things straight and such. I also prefer them on separate reports. We are connected to Intacct and that is not impacting the need for separate but it simply is a user friendly thing.

Thanks

• Flavia Faria
    Flavia Faria Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 39 Expensify Team

@SAOSBR thanks for the additional context. When you say " it just keeps building up" do you mean that employees don't submit their reports? While statement reporting seems ti be more "user friendly" it usually makes companies want to match their reports with their statements which means additional work for employees for something that isn't really necessary. As long as employees are submitting their expenses and admins are using the reconciliation dashboard there should be no issues with having expenses in a single report. If you're not familiar with the reconciliation dashboard I'd strongly recommend taking part in our Company Cards Administration webinar.

• SAOSBR

Hey guys @Flavia Faria and anyone else who has been involved...

I'm starting to experience an issue with someone who was grandfathered into Statement reporting and their auto report names by month and support has told me this:

"That’s all to give the context that while we will look at what may have changed but to be completely candid, it’s possible that we may not be able to prioritise a fix for this.

We’ll come back to you either way, and let me know if you need some help in using the dashboard, or check out our Reconciliation Dashboard guide"

This is a real disappointment and I'm still very curious why after all the people who voiced the issues they had with the move away from this and the reasons we need it, the good aspects to it are not being implemented in the NEW Product to replace it. I still really cannot believe you will take away the feature from those that have it already because the new way just IS NOT the same and doesn’t achieve the same results. Those features that we all really need are:

1. Reports being created for each month period because that is the way the END USER does best – they don’t do well when it has like any charges that are open and unsubmitted (even if auto submit which I don’t approve of using very much)
    2. Having a report for each CARD that a user has also is a feature that statement reporting allows. I don’t want someone to have Chase card transactions on the same report as the Amex card transactions. It just becomes sloppy and messy.
  • Flavia Faria

Hi @SAOSBR! I'm not 100% sure I understand the issue you're facing with Statement Reporting. It would be great if you can give me some more detail so that I can look into it for you.

• SAOSBR

@Flavia Faria - This feed of responses from everyone sort of does a great job explaining the issues that the NEW scheduled submit/report naming has compared to the original Statement Reporting option through Domain Control.

But, to pull up some of the most critical from other posts i have done:

1. Schedule Submit can really be dangerous because what if things are getting auto coded or the employee codes it quickly upon doing it but then needs to edit it before submitting?

2. So because of #1 above - We can turn the scheduled submit to MANUALLY however then that brings up the issue that reports will just keep having charges added until they submit which is a BIG ISSUE for most employees of companies because they don't keep up with it (even if we all want them to so badly as it's the future like you mentioned Rachel). Unfortunately not everyone is there yet.

3. So then like Brian mentions now we have an issue with each person's report having a total mix of time frame on one report and trying to match that report up with the payments being made in the accounting system...so you then have to literally know which amounts on each report should be partially paid off.

At the end of the day, it seems odd to me that Expensify just is so set on removing the functionality of statement reporting for historical users already using it and liking it. The added features are just that - added benefits.

One idea would be to just still allow scheduled submit for your companies who can get people on board with keeping up with their reports. But, allow people to have reports auto created for the periods they needs (whether it is X date to X date) or just a given month like we do. Basically instead of having a report just keep adding expenses to it...can you give us the option for the auto reporting feature to let you pick what the reporting periods are for a given client/card?

Also - this is an issue if you have two company cards assigned to one person...I ultimately need each card to go on it's own report but with policy report creation/scheduled submit, they all go onto one report and it just makes things messy. I guess I just don't understand why it isn't possible to keep some aspects of the Statement reporting like inddividual reports for each month and reports for each card assigned to a person and still move to your new process within Policy setup for reports/submission, etc.

• Flavia Faria

@SAOSBR sorry I think I wasn't clear with my previous question... considering you're still using Statement Reporting and we no longer have a date to sunset this feature for grandfathered users, what is the exact issue you're experiencing?

• SAOSBR

@Flavia Faria - support has helped me fix the issue with existing account that is on statement reporting however, i'm more so asking why the features we all love as mentioned above are not being considered and brought over to the NEW ways with the report setup in policy settings?

This way - if you do take away statement reporting, we are all still able to use the features we are used to and love. AND...anyone that we put on that hasn't been grandfathered into statement reporting could reap the benefits of the items mentioned as reasons we want the features.

• Flavia Faria

Got it, thanks for the additional context @SAOSBR 😊

At the moment we're prioritizing other feature updates which is why we've put sunsetting Statement Reporting on hold. Once we revisit moving forward with sunsetting this feature I'll make sure we review all the points on this thread. Thank you for taking the time to list them, really appreciate it!

• BrianFiler1
    BrianFiler1 Expensify Customer Posts: 5 Expensify Newcomer

I'm back! I went to another company for a year and a half, and my new job is using Expensify. My first though was "Yay! I liked that program" but now now. I assume that ASR has been fully sunsetted and replaced by the completely defective Reconciliation Dashboard. It's a real shame, I guess I'll add replacing Expensify to my list of things to revamp at this new company.