Re-bill Expenses to Clients

Options
klinnell
klinnell Expensify Customer Posts: 9 Expensify Newcomer

On two of our policies we have the “Re-bill expenses to clients” option set to “Default to Billable” and it was working flawlessly until suddenly last May something changed and a random (LARGE) group of users no longer have their expenses defaulting to billable as they should be. It has resulted in an unnecessary audit of expenses for the last 9 months with no end in sight and expense reports have really been sucking these days. Expensify has not been able to determine the cause of this issue, in part because no one else has reported the same issue. So, out of curiosity, has anyone else experienced this issue or suspected that it may be a problem? 

Answers

• John Schuster
    John Schuster Expensify Team Posts: 127 Expensify Team
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hey there, @klinnell! Thanks for reaching out to the greater community on this one!

I took a bit of time digging back into your issue and unfortunately, I couldn't find anything new that might crack the case. I found one instance in our logs for one of the most recent transactions you had sent along, but the billable toggle seemed to have been manually toggled by the card holder.

That said, I definitely don't have enough information to say, "problem solved" and I too would love to know if others are experiencing the same pain you are.

Just to give you a bit of insight into our troubleshooting process, the first thing we need to do is get enough examples of the behavior so we can find a pattern and cause. Once we find a cause, we can deduce if the behavior is the result of a bug or manual intervention.

I totally understand that you're probably pretty exhausted by the back and forth as well as the continued requests for examples but we're sorta stuck on this one without really recent examples, as our logs only show the most recent 35 days of data.

That said, if anyone else is experiencing this behavior, please do write into us at concierge@expensify.com! Once we've gathered enough information from recent transactions, our team should have a better idea of what might be behind this one.

• klinnell
    klinnell Expensify Customer Posts: 9 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

@John Schuster thanks for the info and insight in to the steps you are taking! I just sent over another group of examples from the last 3 weeks or so. The problem I am up against now is fortunately/unfortunately the users are noticing that the billable box isn't defaulting to billable and are checking it before submitting the expense report for approval, so I have no way of telling it an expense has defaulted to non-billable or not.

If there is anything else on my end that I can do to help get to the bottom of this, please let me know. I would REALLY like to take this unnecessary audit off my plate each week.