Does Expensify offer any sort of "Help" or support?

dccairns
dccairns Expensify Customer Posts: 6 Expensify Newcomer

I have been trying to contact anyone at Expensify to help with a credit card syncing problem I have been experiencing. Ive gone about a week without anyone answering my online chat submissions. And now a few days without anyone responding to an email to 'help@expensify.com'? Is there even a help desk or support at the company? If so, this is really unacceptable for response times. Please someone help!?!

Answers

1888 Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer

This is the biggest issue with this tool. The support is extremely subpar.

• Megan_Duhon
    Megan_Duhon Expensify Customer Posts: 2

I'm having the exact same experience with an App Sync problem that our users are having, and it's been a week now with no reply to my emails or chats. Agreed, totally unacceptable and very frustrating.

• dccairns

For those following this topic, I finally got a response from Expensify on my question (through the chat system after 7 days). See below - hope this helps you but it doesn't help me.

Hello there! Thanks for reaching out! I'm really sorry for the delayed response. We have an unusually high volume of chats lately.

Expensify will be able to pull in the last 30-90 days based on your bank's discretion when you first connect an account/card. This also includes reconnecting any card on a new/updated connection. Any historical expenses beyond the date range allowed by your bank would need to be imported using spreadsheet upload.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this!

• dccairns

FYI...this was my response:

I do have further questions. First, this is an amex, not connected to a bank. Does that make a difference? Also, I was able to pull information from 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7 months ago but then as soon as I hit 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 months ago, the information was missing. I am able to pull information from 30 days ago through current date. This does not make sense to me? Seems like a platform problem, not a card problem? Can you troubleshoot that for me?

• merosenb
    merosenb Expensify Customer Posts: 5 Expensify Newcomer

Of all the cloud-based software tools we utilize, Expensify offers the worst level of support to users. In fact, it's safer to say that they don't actually have a support model. Not only are they only occasional responders, but when they do reply they often do not read the details of the support request or provide actual assistance. We are actively evaluating other tools specifically because of this.

• dccairns

@merosenb I just looked at the thread reporting that Amex had not been updating since Aug 6 and what a nightmare! It's comforting to know that I'm not alone on this issue and with getting the attention of a help desk. I've never seen anything like this before??

Quick question...has anyone gone to another platform/provider and been happy? I'd like to find an alternative also.

Thanks

• dccairns

Hi to those following this thread. My issue has been addressed and fixed, thanks to 'concierge@expensify'. I'm not sure my "onesie" fix may be of use to all of you with tens, if not hundreds of users experiencing the problem? However, wanted to share:

Hm, thanks for the additional information.

I manually updated your Amex card from my end and was able to pull in over 300 new transactions. Would you be able to double-check your account to see if this has resolved your issue?

Looking forward to your response!

• Ted Harris
    Ted Harris Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 359 Expensify Team
    edited March 2020

Hi @dccairns - the manual update we do here is literally just clicking "Update" on each card as can be done by any Domain Admin in Expensify.

For everyone else here, I can really only apologise for the speed of our support over the past few months, we're actively working on improving this, ramping up and expanding our support teams and improving the availability of resources to help you when we can't. A lot of that is definitely hollow and I'm sure you're looking forward to action rather than words on it, so we'll focus on that going forward.

As an aside, when it comes to Amex, even though they're technically not a bank, we still refer to it as such because it runs through our banking connections. Right now, Amex isn't an ExpensifyApproved! Bank, so the connection will suffer. We've spent much of the past year also building support for banks across the United States and now have stable connections not only with our own card but with Bank of America, Citibank, Capital One, Chase, Wells Fargo, Stripe and Brex. Amex is in the pipeline to meet the high standards we're now holding these connections to, but it's not done quite yet.

Anybody with an Amex @ Work account can qualify for a stable Amex feed which doesn't run into these issues either. You can read about setting one of those up here.

• jerome_morrow
    jerome_morrow Expensify Customer Posts: 7 Expensify Newcomer

Expensify messenger does not work...

Not sure what the support email is... will try it now for the first time.

Smartscans keep failing, even though the receipts are perfectly legible.

I hope the support results will be better. Without support, a tool is essentially not usable for a company...

• jerome_morrow
    jerome_morrow Expensify Customer Posts: 7 Expensify Newcomer

"I can really only apologise for the speed of our support over the past few months" - if its one-off, then its not an issue. If its a big problem, then CHARGE MORE but provide 100% SUPPORT. Why? because people do ANNUAL ACCOUNTS with your software and this stuff is TIME SENSITIVE. So if you cannot provide support and deadlines are missed, then it costs real money. So create a plan with support... maybe you have one already? Or charge for support if you must, separately! also fine. Willing to PAY, but it must be AVAILABLE.

• Zany Renney
    Zany Renney Approved! Accountant Posts: 171 Expensify Team
    edited February 2020

Hi @jerome_morrow

Thanks for sharing that screenshot in reference to "Expensify messenger does not work...", that is strange! I assume you clicked 'Try Again' and still faced this issue?

As we may need personal information to resolve your credit card issues, we need you to write in privately to us so we can deep dive into your issue.

If you are not able to open the chat by pressing on the blue speech bubble (shown below) you can email us at "concierge@expensify.com"

Thank for you for your candid thoughts on this. As mentioned by Ted, our support model and how we can better support our customers is something we are actively looking into at the moment. Whilst I can't speak about the intricacies just yet, we hope to have more to share on this soon.

Hearing your thoughts helps us to build up a case for how customers would like to interact with us, so thank you for your engagement.

• Beth_Sexton
    Beth_Sexton Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Is there anyone I can actually speak with when having problems? We are finding that the chat function contradicts itself with solutions to problems, causing more problems. I have been unable to find a phone number to call. I've tried requesting a call back, but I have yet to receive one after asking twice.