Anyone recently having QB export issues- some reports export no prob, some receive error message?

Options
mbarrientos
mbarrientos Expensify Customer Posts: 6

This is the error message that I receive:Error info: credit charge not entered for -- Detail=Object "800012A0-1543522199" specified in the request cannot be found. QuickBooks error message: Invalid argument. The specified record does not exist in the list., Status=3120, Code=Error)

I've reached out to support at Expensify but it's been a few days since they last responded and I need to get the data into my QB!

Answers

• Jyoung
    Jyoung Expensify Customer Posts: 3
    Options

When I received this error in the past, I had to exit out of Quick Books, open the Expensify Sync Manager and make sure the status was "Connected". Then, go back into Expensify and export the report to Quick Books. Granted, this is for QB Desktop, not mobile, but it has worked for me in the past. Sometimes Expensify will not export to Quick Books if I have Quick Books opened at the same time I am trying to export. You also need to make certain you are accessing Expensify on the same server that your Quick Books desktop resides. If I try to open Expensify from my desktop and export, it will not work because my QB Desktop is on my remote server.

I hope this helps.

• Brigid  Bello
    Brigid Bello Expensify Team Posts: 77 Expensify Team
    Options

Thanks for chiming in here, @Jyoung, those are definitely some solid troubleshooting steps. @mbarrientos, the error that you're receiving is actually referencing a specific vendor in your company file. It indicates that the vendor was edited or changed in QuickBooks Desktop. I see that we've sent along the name of the specific vendor and instructions on how to resolve the error in Concierge. Just to reiterate, to resolve this error:

• Undo the change to the vendor name in QuickBooks Desktop.
    • Sync your QuickBooks Desktop connection by navigating to Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy Name] > Connections and clicking Sync.
    • Export the report to QuickBooks Desktop.

Let us know via Concierge if that doesn't resolve your issue so that we can keep working with you on this.

• mbarrientos
    mbarrientos Expensify Customer Posts: 6
    Options

Hi! Thanks- this seemed to resolve the issue but I am confused why a vendor name update would cause an issue when exporting? When I export a report the vendor name per the expense report maps to a Cred Card Misc vendor. Then within QB we update the vendor name to the correct vendor. Why would clean up of vendor names within my QB cause an issue with exporting?

• Mark Louis
    Mark Louis Expensify Team Posts: 167 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @mbarrientos – If a vendor name is changed in QuickBooks and you attempt to export a report before syncing the policy, expenses will try to map to the former vendor name that already exists in Expensify. Just be sure to sync your policy after making any changes in QuickBooks.