Why is Concierge approving reports on its own?

KGPayables
KGPayables Expensify Customer Posts: 7 Expensify Newcomer

For a few of our policies, I've noticed that there is the odd instance of Concierge deciding to approve an expense report on behalf of an employee's manager and myself, the final approver. I end up rejecting the report back to the manager to be reviewed at this point. Why is this happening and how can I stop it?

Best Answer

• tylerzoll
    tylerzoll Approved! Accountant Posts: 430 Expensify Champion
    Answer ✓

@KGPayables, This can be a great feature if you have your other settings optimized. The idea is that you generally don't need every manager to look over every expense, just the ones that fall outside of the norms. If you have your settings set too loose, expenses can get through that you would like someone to take a second look through.

You can turn off Automatic approval under Settings> Policies> People> then at the bottom of the page, you should see see a screen that looks like this:

Change the bottom box from no to yes and reports will no longer be auto approved.

I generally recommend keeping auto approve on, but just adjusting your settings for expenses that are flagged for violation.

Answers