Sync Error When Trying to Sync a Test Expense in Expensify Test Environment with Intacct Sandbox

Jenelle
Jenelle Approved! Accountant Posts: 3

Hello,

I have been trying to sync a client sandbox environment (one is for Expensify and one is for Intacct), but I get the message that my credit card is invalid. I used a fake credit card in Intacct as I do not want to sync the test transaction with a real credit card. How can I set up a test sync for expenses in between the two sandbox environments? I have tried reaching out to support, but nobody has replied to me. I was hoping to get my question answered on this platform.

Best Answer

• Conor Pendergrast
    Conor Pendergrast Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 175 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓

Hi Jenelle, there isn't such a thing as a "fake" credit card to import into Expensify, no.

An option here is to simply create a new cash expense and mark that as non-reimbursable (not paid back to the employee).

That'll work as a test because the Intacct export settings are configured separately for reimbursable and non-reimbursable expenses, not "credit card" versus "non-credit card".

So, if you set up a non-reimbursable cash expense, that'll test out that path. Looking at your setup, I can see that you don't have the option to select a Credit Card account from Intacct. You'll need to create a Credit Card account in Intacct, available at the Top Level entity in Intacct. Once you've done that, you'll need to sync your Intacct integration and select that account through Settings > Policies > Group [Policy Name] > Connections > Intacct > Sync/ Configure:

Right now, the sync out to Intacct is failing because there isn't a valid Credit Card account available for us to use. That's what Ben meant by the account being valid in Intacct!

Answers