how do i edit policy on a receipt from personal to my corporate policy?

ccantlay
ccantlay Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Smart scan receipt posted receipt to policy: personal. this is not correct. how can this be edited to Policy: westport Escrow.

Answers

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Hi @ccantlay, thanks for posting and welcome!

If you'd like to update the default policy your account uses for new reports and expenses, you have a couple options.

From the web app:

Log into your account using your preferred web browser and click on your user icon at the top left of the page. In the Use this expense policy section, select your preferred policy.

From the mobile app:

Log into your mobile app and tap on the three bar icons at the top left of the screen. Select the Settings option and scroll down to see the Default Policy section. Tap there and select your preferred policy, then you're done!

Once you've selected your default policy, all future reports will be created on that policy as well. Reports that were created on the Personal policy can be updated to the correct one as long as they are in the Open state.

To do this, locate your report on the web and open it up then change the policy in the top right corner.

Cheers!

• mboy
    mboy Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer

Hi @Sheena Trepanier,

Is it not possible to change the policy for a given expense from the Expense screen? The challenge is that you can't use the categories from the policy you want the expense assigned to, unless you can change the policy containing those categories. Thanks!

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team

Hi @mboy it is the report which is under the Policy. If the report is existing and the whole thing is under the wrong policy, then all expenses on the report will need to be recoded, not just the one you are in.

You can alter what Report an expense is on, which in turn effects which coding is available on an expense. But the Policy itself is selected at the Report level. As a general rule you should be using one Policy predominantly, and if you need to have a special report under a different policy, you will be able to move expenses to this from the expense editor. You cannot change a report's policy from the expense editor.

I recommend you check that your default Policy is set correctly - just click or tap on your profile pic to check this.

Feel free to come back to me if you have any further queries about this. 😀

• mboy
    mboy Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer