Can we import a list to populate a custom Report Field?

Options
Pattims
Pattims Expensify Customer Posts: 9 Expensify Newcomer

We use this field to identify which customer our Professional Services personnel are visiting and we need to bill for their services. We also use this field for reporting purposes.

We create these items in our GL.

Answers

• Leslie Rodriguez
    Leslie Rodriguez Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Posts: 51 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi There!

There are two ways to go about accomplishing this:

1. If you have your Expensify account connected to an accounting package, you can enter the list in your accounting package and have it sync over from there.
    2. If you do not have your Expensify account connected to an accounting package, then you can upload a CSV list of tags.

Another thing to note is that you need to enable billable expenses in Expensify to be able to mark each receipt as billable and to which client.

Here is a list of resources to get you going:

Policy tags

Billable Expenses

Take a look and let me know if you have any other questions! Cheers!

• Pattims
    Pattims Expensify Customer Posts: 9 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

I know that we can import tags, I used them on another policy. But for Professional Services, that means that the user has to select the same information several times on one report. I was looking for a way to use the report field in that manner so that the user would select it once and I could populate the report name with the customer information.

• Katie Oswalt
    Katie Oswalt Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 170 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi, @Pattims! You can certainly do this, but you won't be able to import a list in bulk to do so. You will need to add them one by one if this is something that you need at the report header level, unless you are using an accounting integration (which you'd import this list from directly). I hope that makes sense!