Email Alerts for Pending Reports

Options
DaveCWS
DaveCWS Expensify Customer Posts: 13 Expensify Newcomer

Is it possible to setup an email alert that reminds a user that they have pending reports? And is it possible to adjust the frequency of this alert email? We want to alert our managers every couple of days of any pending reports where they are the next approver.

Thanks-

Comments

• Jake
    Jake Expensify Customer Posts: 23 Expensify Admirer
    Options

Agree this would be helpful. In general, I think more notification options would be great! Prompting someone to file a report when they have expenses over a certain number of days, for example, would really help keep people on their toes in terms of submitting.

• Zany Renney
    Zany Renney Approved! Accountant Posts: 171 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @DaveCWS @Jake

Any actions that need to be taken on a Report (pending submission or approval, for example) should appear in the user's Inbox as a task.

We use the Inbox to convey important and actionable information.

Currently, there isn't the ability to personalise the cadence of this on an admin-level within your account - it depends on your Submission deadlines and Settings.

However, I can see how having more personalisation over notifications and how to communicate within Expensify would be super helpful.

I can see that Jake has upvoted this, thanks for this. I am going to make this post into an "Idea" post, hopefully we can gather more upvotes and gather use cases for this more broadly across the community!

The most popular Ideas from the Community have the chance of being developed into our Product 😊

• DaveCWS
    DaveCWS Expensify Customer Posts: 13 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Thanks Zany. Is there a setting we can adjust to make submitted reports due sooner (i.e. next day)?

• Sasha Kluger
    Sasha Kluger Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 126 Expensify Team
    Options

Hey @DaveCWS - You can change the submission frequency by updating the Scheduled Submit frequency in your policy. You can learn how to enable and modify your Scheduled Submit settings here.

And one thing to add to Zany's response - we send a weekly summary email to every user of any reports requiring their attention in Expensify. So if you have any reports waiting for you to submit, approve, reimburse, etc, we'll notify you by email every week.