How to match expensify credit card transactions with expensify reports

Jess_CS
Jess_CS Expensify Customer Posts: 1

My company just started using the expensify credit card. I'm having trouble matching the credit card transaction with the reports submitted by the employees. whats the best way to identify them.

For example, my bank statement shows numbers starting with ExC#######, how to I look for that specific transaction in expensify.

Answers

• ShawnKocher
    ShawnKocher Expensify Customer Posts: 22 Expensify Newcomer

@Jess_CS - we've been using it for 2.5 months and I still cannot figure it out.

• Nicole Mendonca
    Nicole Mendonca Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Posts: 131 Expensify Team

Hi @Jess_CS - thanks for getting in touch!

You'll want to use a combination of the Reconciliation Dashboard and your Expensify Card Statements to match the transactions incurred by employees, with the daily settlement withdrawals.

If you have any issues finding specific transactions, please email concierge@expesify.com so we can take a look!

• Conor Pendergrast
    Conor Pendergrast Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 175 Expensify Team

Hey @Jess_CS and @ShawnKocher, great question!

@ShawnKocher As you're using QuickBooks Online, you may already be familiar with auto-reconciliation that we've built. If not, I'd recommend you start with this guide. If That doesn't get you on the right path, then follow the details here - but if you're struggling with auto-reconciliation with QBO, I'd recommend starting a new thread about that so that we can get you set!

@Jess_CS One of my colleagues is currently working on a broader guide for using the Expensify Card alongside an accounting system which doesn't have auto-reconciliation. As a starting point between now and then, a note on terminology: we're going to talk about expenses here, rather than reports. The Expensify Card's daily settlement is based on pending and posted expenses, as those are what your employees get charged.

So, the best way to reconcile your Expensify Card transactions against the withdrawals is using the Expensify Card statement. That lasts all withdrawals for the Expensify Card, alongside all of the transactions which were charged for in that withdrawal.

Have you used that Expensify Card Statement so far Jess? Thanks!

• mynCPA
    mynCPA Expensify Customer Posts: 10 Expensify Newcomer

@Conor Pendergrast how do you recommend we book Expensify card transactions in QBO? We'll have to do this manually as the sync has never worked for Expensify card transactions. The only piece of that is being auto booked by Expensify is the debit to our account for purchases made using the Expensify card, which is Dr. 'Expensify Clearing Account' and Cr. 'Cash'.

The actual expense piece which should be Dr. 'Expense' and Cr. 'Expensify Clearing Account' is not syncing to QBO.

It's very unfortunate that we're 5 months into using the Expensify card, and this has not yet been figured out.

• Conor Pendergrast
    Conor Pendergrast Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 175 Expensify Team

@mynCPA Hmm, that should absolutely work for you! Have you already reported that via Concierge? That's definitely something I would want to get fixed with you - I'll take a look and see if I can spot why that hasn't worked so far

• mynCPA

@Conor Pendergrast Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I have reported this via Concierge over 2 months ago and still no resolution. What's really frustrating is the fact that the support is drip, drip, drip. What I mean is they will suggest that I try something, and when I do and the issue is still not fixed, I have to wait another 4 to 5 business days for the next message from Concierge. This is a large client of ours to whom we recommended Expensify and we just look ridiculous not being able to close their books because of this issue. If there is anything you can do to expedite a resolution, I would really appreciate it!

• Stephanie Elliot
    Stephanie Elliot Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 84 Expensify Team

Hey @mynCPA! Hope you don't mind me jumping in for @Conor Pendergrast. I took a look into your conversation with our team - it looks like we raised your case to our engineering team and they are currently investigating what's going wrong. I definitely understand the frustration here, bur rest assured you're in the right hands! We'll circle back in that conversation just as soon as we have an update.

• mynCPA

@Stephanie Elliot @Conor Pendergrast Thank you for jumping in. It would be nice if there was an ETA that I could communicate back to my client. Considering how long its has taken to get this resolved, I would have expected some expediency in resolving, but not sure if this is the case. This is the most frustrating part of it all.

• Cortney Ofstad
    Cortney Ofstad Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 173 Expensify Team

Hi @mynCPA!

Thanks for sharing your feedback, and I completely understand the frustration. Our team is working to get this corrected as soon as they can, and once we have an update, we will let you know right away.

I apologize for any hassle that this has caused and if you have any other questions or need anything else in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach back out!