Want to subscribe to Product Updates via email? Learn how here!

Sheena Trepanier
Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
edited August 2022 in Product Updates

You can easily subscribe to Product Updates in our Community! To subscribe to the Product Updates category, follow the steps below.

1. Log into your Community account here. -- If you haven’t created an account, you’ll be prompted to log into Expensify using your current credentials and select a Community username first. This links the two accounts together and helps our Success Team when you have complex questions.
  2. Navigate to the category you want to follow, Product Updates here,
  3. Click the Bell icon
  4. Done!

Comments

• GisAce912
    GisAce912 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
  • April Bekkala
    April Bekkala Expensify Customer, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 117 Expensify Team

@GisAce912 You're very welcome - please let us know if you have any questions! If you have account specific questions you can also reach out to concierge@expensify.com!

• FaV
    FaV Expensify Customer Posts: 5 Expensify Newcomer

The instructions noted here do not work, as there is no cog, and the notification preferences no longer contain anything for 'category notifications'. Please update this as we require notifications for all announcements posted in the 'Product Updates' category.

• Matt Cole
    Matt Cole Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Posts: 69 Expensify Team

Hey @FaV!

If you click on the avatar then the profile image, you will be brought to a page with a dropdown for preferences which will lead you to notification settings:

• sfdamon
    sfdamon Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer

Hi @Matt Cole. You missed a key point in @FaV's comment: the "Category Notifications" section is no longer part of the Notification Preferences page. The goal of this original post was to subscribe to Product Updates. How do we subscribe to Product Updates?

• Matt Cole

Ah gotcha @sfdamon!

You can actually do this from within the Expensify app itself. Head to Settings > Account > Preferences. Then you can update the contact preferences to select relevant feature updates which will include product updates:

• FaV

Correct - I can no longer 'subscribe' to the product updates within the community - since your company only posted information about the ReportIDs being changed within the community, and did not consider it a major product update that should have been sent out by email - I now need to opt in to all product update communications/announcements here within the Community as well.

Insight: That 'minor' programmatic change, pushed out without proper/adequate notice to your customers has rendered all of our automation for bank reconciliation and external analysis and reporting unusable; because it relies on an 8-digit Report ID; which has been a static piece of code within Expensify for over 10 years. (and not only is it a randomized number now; it also is an inconsistent number of digits, which makes external coding a nightmare).

• FaV
    edited August 2022

Please note that your solution of subscribing within the app is not what I'm asking about. We are already subscribed there.

There was a product update made that was NOT communicated via email (which is what that opt-in function is for). Specifically, you only 'communicated' the ReportID change via an announcement post within this Community Product Updates page - the change was not communicated by email to your customers because, according to Concierge, it was not considered a 'major' update.

Since you post "non-major" platform updates here in the community, and not always send by email to those subscribed in that manner within the app, I need a way to subscribe to those to be automatically delivered to me / have an email notification sent about the feature/product changes posted in the community as well. I need you to provide the steps to follow to subscribe specifically to the Product Updates category within the Community; because the above instructions do not work.

• Matt Cole

Ah apologies for the inconvenience with this. The report ID change was a targeted reach out we decided internally to make when it came to how we notified customers. We did our best using several variables to query customers to reach out whom report ID's have been being utilized by within reporting, but in this your account may not have have been included.

The best place to still receive product updates is going to be through the contact preferences still.

• FaV

Again - We are already subscribed in the app. You are not providing a valid resolution for my request.

I specifically need you to give me instructions on how to opt-in to get notifications within this community - for 'announcement' posts made by Expensify Team members within the 'Product Update' category.

The announcement post from July regarding the ReportIDs - I need to know how to opt-in to be notified for those announcements within this specific community platform. The 'Category Notifications' indicated above is no longer available in my preferences page.

• Matt Cole

Understood @FaV, again our internal decision on the notification process for this specific update looks like it missed your account, and for that we apologize. However, the best way moving forward to stay notified of product updates is still going to be what I have stated above in the contact preferences. We will make sure to include a more active reach out moving forward for updates similar to this.