Can I reimburse Swiss & German Employees?

Options
V_Marino
V_Marino Expensify Customer Posts: 1

I have been using Expensify for our US employees. We have employees in Germany & Switzerland and would be great if I can roll out the software to them as well.

Would it be possible to utilize our German and Swiss bank accounts to reimburse employees in Euros and CFH?

Answers

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @V_Marino, great question! International reimbursement isn't something we're able to support but it's on our roadmap for future inclusion in the product. As you can imagine the rules and regulations governing money transfers internationally is a lot to account for, especially considering the number of countries we'd need to support.

Because of this we don't have an eta on when it might be available but the Community will be the first to know once it's in the real development stage.

• Dougk
    Dougk Expensify Customer Posts: 2
    Options

is this an update on when this feature will be available?

• Sara Jacobson
    Sara Jacobson Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 64 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @Dougk,

Expensify has partnered up with TransferWise, an FCA regulated global money transfer service, who can provide your international employees with a Borderless Account. This will let you reimburse them in USD exactly the same as your US employees. From there they can convert the funds into 40+ currencies at a highly competitive, transparent rate and send it to your local bank account. Employees based in the UK or EU (and soon, Australia and New Zealand) can also get a debit card, which lets them spend the money directly from their Borderless Account.

To set this up:

1. Invite the international employee to a USD policy with Direct Reimbursement enabled
    2. The employee needs to sign up for a TransferWise Borderless Account and be verified (takes a maximum of 3 business days)
    3. The employee adds their Borderless Account USD account number and routing number to Expensify
    4. Reports are created, submitted, approved and reimbursed in Expensify as normal and the payment is received in the employee’s USD Borderless Account.

Would this help in your case?