Access for Company Bookkeeper

Options
cjonnum
cjonnum Expensify Customer Posts: 3

My company has five employees plus myself, and each of us has a company credit card. We use Expensify for our expense reports. I gave our bookkeeper access to our policy as well. She doesn't have a company credit card and doesn't incur any business-related expenses. However, she counts as a user and I am billed accordingly. I would like for Expensify to consider having a way for companies to allow bookkeepers and accountants to access their policies without incurring a billing charge.

Answers

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @cjonnum any users who take an action on a Report are counted as Active Users, not just people who have expenses, but also people who manage those expenses.

If you do not want the Bookkeeper to take an active role, I recommend you change their role to an Auditor rather than Policy Admin. This is a role which can view expenses, but take very little action (some of which still does count as 'action' on a report, but much less, so you will want her to refrain from exporting data).

It looks like currently your bookkeeper has a very active role in editing expenses, altering coding, approving reports and also exporting to QuickBooks Online, so we would very definitely consider her to be an Active User, much like any company who has an accountant on staff.

Feel free to come back to me if you have any further queries about this. 😀