Does Expensify provide API about notification (like datafeed about reports that need my attention)?

Options
binhnguyendn1606
binhnguyendn1606 Expensify Customer Posts: 8 Expensify Newcomer
  1. Is Expensify providing any APIs that list all pending reports that need my attention?
  2. Imagine I'm the admin my company: Am I able to view all pending reports that need attention of all users on Expensify? (I can see status of all reports of my company and know who is responsible for next action). If yes, can APIs provide this kind of data?

I have a look at https://integrations.expensify.com/Integration-Server/doc/#introduction and I can see nowhere about notification/datafeed.

Thanks.

Best Answers

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @binhnguyendn1606! This accidentally posted twice, so I delete the duplicate.

Inbox tasks (such as reports needing attention) are not included in the API calls.

As far as statuses go, anything 'Processing' is awaiting Approval and anything 'Open' is awaiting submission. So those two would be fairly simple to look up via API i.e. filter by creation date and Open status, or submission date and Processing status.

However, only a user can tell what reports are awaiting their "attention", from the Inbox. This is not info that is pulled via API. This uses a number of different lookups to formulate, such as violations, missing receipts, awaiting submission and awaiting approval.

• Ted Harris
    Ted Harris Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 359 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓
    Options

With the partnerUserID and partnerUserSecret of your own account, you'll be able to export any report you can already view in Expensify. If you're a policy admin, this means any report that's been submitted on the policy!

If you wanted access to more aspects of the API for your employees, you'll want to follow the steps outlined in this Community post.

Answers