UK Bank Feeds

JJLond0n
JJLond0n Expensify Customer Posts: 17 Expensify Newcomer

Hi there,

I'm a UK user and I have just signed up to Expensify. I can only find my Amex card as a direct feed. No UK Visa or Mastercards from any UK banks?

Have I done something wrong?

I am a self-employed person and just moved from Xero to here as I want to track personal and business expenditure but this seems to be a problem?

Surely there are more UK banks here?

Please advise. I'm not quite sure what to do now.

thx

Jenni

Comments

• Matt Moore
    Matt Moore Expensify Customer, Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 132 Expensify Team

Hi, Jenni! Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting.

It sounds like you've been searching for your banks in the right place (via Settings > Account > Credit Card Import)

If your bank shows up, choose that option and follow the prompts. If the search returns "No results" your bank can still be supported via spreadsheet import, which you can learn more about here.

If there's a bank that isn't supported, please consider adding an Ideas post!

As you're new to Expensify, I definitely recommend checking out one of our Webinar recordings (one is specially for Self-Employed users).

Let me know if you need anything else!

• JJLond0n

Thanks Matt! Much appreciated.

Yes it seems most UK personal credit cards are not supported here which is a shame.

However, I'll give it a go.

Thanks for webinar. Also wonder if there's one for people using it for personal expenses too?

best,

Jenni

• Matt Moore
    Matt Moore Expensify Customer, Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 132 Expensify Team

No worries!

We have a solid UK customer base and definitely want to grow the list of direct connections we have available.

I hope you'll find the spreadsheet import feature useful!

Our webinars are more geared towards business use, but we have this article that gives instructions on keeping business and personal expenses separate:

Once you've imported spend, you can also use the Pie Chart to get a snapshot of which categories are higher than others.

• JJLond0n

Great thanks!

And I've just tried to post this in Best Practices but it is timing out so will post here in case you have anything else helpful?

I have just joined and I wondered if anyone here is self-employed and using expensify for both business and personal expense tracking?

I am new here and trying to work out the best structure between reports and tags.

I will be sending my business data into Xero.

A couple of my credit cards do not have direct feeds here, so I'm wondering if they need tags to make reconciliation easier?

I'll post again when I've watched the video, but I just wanted to get topline thoughts and I'm sure I'm not alone here so I figured someone else might already have done this?

Thank you all in advance!

best, Jenni

• Michelle Niemi
    Michelle Niemi Expensify Team Posts: 104 Expensify Team

Hi @Jenni There are many users who are using Expensify for both personal as well as business tracking. The most common practice is to create two separate policies - one for each. This will allow you to keep them separate and make reconciliation easier.

If you have any more questions after watching the video, don't hesitate to ask here or reach out to concierge@expensify.com.

Have a wonderful weekend!

• JJLond0n