Annual subscription with changing user counts?

Options
AnaquaKP
AnaquaKP Expensify Customer Posts: 28 Expensify Newcomer

Has anyone had any experience with actively managing their monthly subscription size on an annual subscription? For example, let's say on May 1, I set my subscription size to 1 and check Auto Increase Subscription Size. I have 15 people log in and submit expense reports. Will my June 1 bill for May be 135 (15 * $9)? What happens if I lower the subscription size to 1 for June and do the same process? Ignoring the unbundling fee.

I ask because our expense reports are very cyclical. Some months we have as low as 10 people submitting, others we have 70. I don't want to have to pay for 70 users a month when my real number is usually quite lower.

Comments

• Cortney Ofstad
    Cortney Ofstad Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 173 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @AnaquaKP! Thanks for reaching out! In regards to having auto-increase enabled, this would result in you being charged for 15 users at $9.

On the flip side of that, if you set your subscription size to 1 but have 15 employees active, you would have one user charged at the $9 rate and the remaining 14 users charged at the overage Pay-per-use rate of $18 per user plus any unbundling fees.

Based on your report submissions, it might be best to move to Pay-per-use as that only charges you for those who are active, versus a flat amount. If you set your subscription size to 35 for example, and only 10 people are active, you're still going to be charged the full 35 users under Annual.

While Pay-per-use is more expensive than Annual per set, it gives you the freedom and functionality to only be charged for those who are active, and allows you to cancel your subscription at anytime without any year-long commitments. More information on our billing options can be found here, and if you have any other questions or need anything else, please let me know!

• AnaquaKP
    AnaquaKP Expensify Customer Posts: 28 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Hi @Cortney Ofstad. Thanks for the speedy reply! So if I have the auto-increase on, what happens when I lower the user count back down to 1? I think I'm probably not understanding the annual subscription fee. Since I can change my user count at any time, wouldn't that mean that I can adjust it each month based on what I think my actual user count will be?

• Stevie LaFortune
    Stevie LaFortune Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 240 Expensify Team
    Options

@AnaquaKP I'm happy to clarify! There is a Rate Adjustment when reducing an Annual subscription before it runs out. This is calculated based on what you would have paid during your time using Expensify at the updated subscription size instead of the new subscription size. 

To learn more about how the rate adjustment is calculated please take a look at this help doc. Let me know if you have any other questions!