Can an admin move expenses from one report to another on behalf of employee users?

caleb_hauck_77
caleb_hauck_77 Expensify Customer Posts: 3

Can an admin move expenses from one report to another on behalf of employee users?

Best Answer

Answers

• TeryiaReid
    TeryiaReid Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer

I'm trying to move expenses from one report to another. I'm an admin on my account and I also have Copilot access to the person I'm trying to adjust. When I select the expense I want to move I don't have that option to move them. The only option I'm giving is Edit multiple or export to - and these options are top right.I have no options at the bottom of my screen.

• Karisa Latta
    Karisa Latta Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 147 Expensify Team

Hey @TeryiaReid !

It looks like you're using your Admin access to try to make this change. That will only work if you have Scheduled Submit enabled in your group policy settings. Then, you'd see Add To Report - Auto Report. Check out this Reconciliation guide to see a hint of this process.

A faster way, without reconfiguring any current settings, is to use your Copilot access! Jump into Copilot for the user you are trying to help. On their Expenses page, you should see the Add To Report option with no restrictions. Some caveats to this are if you have company card expenses or Domain Groups locked to a restricted policy, or you use a deprecated feature called Automatic Statement Reporting. These settings would need to be disabled/changed to allow the expenses to move around.

If the Add To Report button is still missing in Copilot mode, please reach out to Concierge so we can look into the more advanced setup on your Domain and guide you further.

• TeryiaReid

Hi @Karisa Latta I'm in the Copilot access and they don't have the ADD TO REPORT option either. In the expense section of his account, I only see the option for New Expense -top right -nothing at the bottom. How would I go about contacting a Concierge for further help

• Karisa Latta
    Karisa Latta Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 147 Expensify Team

Hey again @TeryiaReid !

You don't have any expenses selected in that image. The Add To Report button relies on a selection before it will show up. Can you give it one more try?

• TeryiaReid

@Karisa Latta

Sorry I meant to send both screenshots. Even when I choose multiple expenses I still don't have that options at the top or bottom of the screen

• Karisa Latta

@TeryiaReid Thank you so much, this helps a lot!

Please write into Concierge. We'll need to double-check your policy and domain settings to see why these expenses don't want to move between open/new reports. You can either use the chat bubble in the bottom right of your screen or you can email concierge@expensify.com.