NEW functionality

Options
tjn2
tjn2 Expensify Customer Posts: 4

Hello,

I'm wondering if you would consider adding the following functionality?

It would be convenient if you could delegate submitting receipts to another co-worker.

For example, I'd like to see our Operations Manager be able to submit receipts on behalf of our drivers (for gas, DEF, etc.). This would require the "delegate" to be able to upload receipts to a company card account.

Thank you for your consideration.

Thanks,

Tom

Best Answer

Answers

• Maddy Lewis
    Maddy Lewis Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 120 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @tjn2 - Thanks for checking in about this!

You should be able to achieve your desired setup by adding someone as a Copilot on your or another user's account.

To set this up: 

1. Navigate to Settings > Account > Account Details on web 
    2. Scroll down to the Copilot: Delegated Access section 
    3. Add the Copilot's email address in the text box and click Invite.

Once added, the Copilot will be able to switch between their own account and the delegated account. Once logged in as Copilot, they can take actions on your behalf. 

Take a look at this page for more information on the Copilot feature. 

• tjn2
    Options

Hi Maddy,

Thanks for your reply. I've completed your instructions, however I don't know how to select which user the co-pilot has access to? Can you please advise?

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Tom

• Ariel Green
    Ariel Green Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 111 Expensify Team
    Options

Hey @tjn2! You can only give Copilot access to other users for your own account. You cannot administratively set up Copilot access for your employees. They would need to take this action within their own accounts.

• tjn2
    Options

So if I grant our Operations Manager access as a Copilot, she would have access to all employee expense reports in Expensify and have the ability to upload receipts to all?

Please confirm.

• tjn2
    Options

This limitation seems like an opportunity for additional functionality in the future. Surely we aren't the only customer who would want this functionality? Would Expensify consider adding this?

• Jason Li
    Jason Li Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 229 Expensify Team
    edited May 2020
    Options

Hi @tjn2 - it depends! Within Expensify, a Policy Admin is able to view all user's submitted Reports (i.e. Reports that are Processed, Approved and Reimbursed).

If your Operations Manager is already a Policy Admin, they already have visibility into other user's submissions.

If your Operations Manager needs to upload receipts to someone's account and submit a Report on their behalf, then they will need to be added as a Copilot by that user.