Is there a way to have the date of the expense being scanned noted on reports or exports?

Options
fcorey
fcorey Expensify Customer Posts: 2

When entering receipts in bulk, the scanning process sometimes has difficulty getting values correct, so I manually review every one of them. It would be helpful of the date of when the scan occurred was available so that one does not have to scroll through all records, but instead could sort by the scan date.

Answers

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @fcorey Welcome to the Expensify Community!

If the SmartScan fails on the date field, it will say 'SmartScan Failed' and list it at the top of your expenses until you manually add a date.

Are you saying that we have incorrectly SmartScanned the date (or other details)? If so, can you email into concierge@expensify.com with the details? We'd like to get them all 100% correct every time, so we investigate incorrect SmartScans.

• fcorey
    fcorey Expensify Customer Posts: 2
    Options

Thank you for the reply. The scanning process is working very well, but sometimes, I get cash back at the register, and that is not an expense for materials. Yet the scan is counting the entire transaction amount as an expense.

So I scan them all, and adjust the final values (minus the cash back). So it would be nice if I could review the scans as a group scanned that day or instance. Instead it puts them all in the same folder and I have to sort through ALL expense/copies to find the ones that I just scanned, going through all previous scans that I have already verified the scan content.

Thanks!

Corey

• Cheryl Walsh
    Cheryl Walsh Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 104 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @fcorey thanks for reaching out about this, and for your feedback! We are not building a scanning date filter option in our product at the moment, however, it is a very interesting suggestion and may be implemented in the future! I would suggest submitting/closing expense reports regularly to avoid having to edit volumes of expenses manually at one time. Thanks again for your feedback!