Adding an Expense to multiple reports

Options
PTPAs
PTPAs Expensify Customer Posts: 1

I would like to add expenses to multiple reports.

The reports we issue are not for reimbursement, but rather for showing the data on the expenses which we issue to prospective investors.

This feature to us is a necessity, is it possible to do? Urgent help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Jenna Hay
    Jenna Hay Expensify Customer, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 73 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @PTPAs

Normally the relationship between an expense and a report is 1:1 meaning an expense can only be added to one report.

To get around this you can create multiple copies of each expense so they can be added to multiple reports.

Another option is to mark the expenses as billable and then you can create an invoice from the report which will copy the expenses across to the invoice. This way you have the expense in two places. Learn more about how to do that here.

Finally, if you need to share expense data with different parties, another option to consider is to export the expenses to our Detailed Export template which will extract the data to a CSV which you can then filter to show whatever information you need.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if I can do anything else for you.

Thanks

Jenna

• Aaron_Berson
    Aaron_Berson Approved! Accountant Posts: 2
    Options

It sounds like you might want to consider integrating Expensify with a General Ledger to better classify and do your reporting there.

• markmmm
    markmmm Expensify Customer Posts: 1
    Options

Please help - I have been using Expensify for a year and I want to upload the expenses to excel (sounds simple) However, when I create a report there are NO expense to add to the report.

Please help - I don't see a report with the expenses and I can't create a report... What can I do?

Thanks