Is it possible to use the Journal Entry method of export when employees use multiple credit cards?

Options
R_Jennings42494
R_Jennings42494 Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

Hello!

So we typically use the journal entry method in order to export our employee expenses from Expensify in to NetSuite. We will have 3 different kinds of expenses that we will be exporting:

1.) Employee CC #1

2.) Employee CC #2 (We have 2 different employee CC's we are assigning to them)

3.) Reimbursable expenses on employee personal cards.

I was wondering if there was any way that we can have all 3 of these options available to use in the journal entry method in Expensify. If not, what is the best way to export these over to NetSuite?

Thank you!

Answers

• Karisa Latta
    Karisa Latta Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 147 Expensify Team
    Options

Hey @R_Jennings42494 !

You can definitely configure the NetSuite integration to export both reimbursable and non-reimbursable expense types as Journal Entries. To preview this configuration, check out the guide here.

Have you started a Group policy yet? If not, please feel free to do so! You will start off with a 7 day free trial you can use to explore and test our system to see how it fits your needs.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have more questions.

• R_Jennings42494
    Options

Hey Krista - this is helpful, but my question is more about being sure that I can export the different non-reimbursable expenses to the correct account. For example, if an employee has the 2 different kinds of credit cards, and may have some personal card expenses that are reimbursable here and there, we want to be sure that these can be exported correctly.

We have 2 different accounts set up for for the respective credit card expenses, and we want to be sure that depending on the credit card used, this is appropriately exported to Netsuite. Currently, under the Journal Entry method, it looks like there's only one option each for reimbursable and non-reimbursable expenses here, so I want to be sure that this is possible to have up to 3 different accounts that can be utilized under this method.

Is this possible? If not, what method is recommended for satisfying these objectives?

• April Bekkala
    April Bekkala Expensify Customer, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 117 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @R_Jennings42494 ,

When mapping your export via the connection configuration in the policy settings you can only select one account per expense type (reimbursable and non-reimbursable). That mapping is not determined by which card was used for the purchase but rather simply if it is a reimbursable or non-reimbursable expense.

If you need to map, by card, then the cards would need to be connected via the Domain settings. From there you can map each card to it's own GL account - you can learn how to do that here.

• R_Jennings42494
    Options

Thanks @April Bekkala

So in this case, when exporting the expenses via the journal entry method, the expenses should be set to hit the appropriate account? When we set up the new cards being received, we're going to be sure to map the individual cards to the correct accounts - I just want to be sure that once they're exported via the JE method that they're going to the correct account.

If this isn't an option under the JE method, would we need to utilize the expense report method instead?

• John Schuster
    John Schuster Expensify Team Posts: 127 Expensify Team
    Options

@R_Jennings42494 That should definitely work! You should be able to export non-reimbursable credit card expenses to each card's specific account in NetSuite via Journal Entry export.