A brand new look for a brand new year!

Comments

• ntahall
    ntahall Expensify Customer Posts: 6 Expensify Newcomer

Another issue:
    Expenses search only shows a max 250 even if the filter should return more, with no indication that that should be the case nor what the total is.

• ntahall
    edited January 2018

Also, I can't separate out receipts that have been added to check whether they are correctly matched, nor separate out imported card records to check those. It's just a big dump.

• sb1022
    sb1022 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Definitely not as excited about the new look as you are. More precisely, it looks lovely, it's just lost some important functionality.

In particular, I expense to many clients, so I have to attach each expense to different reports. In the old interface, I could click a couple of expenses (on the left of the expenses pane) and then click on the report just to the left on the sidebar.

Now I have to navigate from the left to the top right, hit a drop down and then select the report. It is easily doubling the time it takes me to assign expenses.

• BrianP
    BrianP Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

Hi, can you please spin up some additional capacity? Who's the AWS (Amazon Web Services) engineer that load tested this new build? The site is unusable as of Monday morning due to slow performance. This is affecting year end close! Spinning wheels for 40 seconds when loading small reports, over 60 seconds to prompt for login screen. It's rough, really rough. Will have to delay all work this AM. Thanks.

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Hello everyone, I hope your weeks are getting off to a great start. As always, thank you for coming forward with any feedback you have or issues you run into.

Setting your filters

The filters you used to use and love still exist in the new design, they are just located in a new place. We no longer assume we know exactly what types of expenses you want to see, and encourage you to set your filters as you'd like so that you can see what's important to you.

Searching by amount

@MattC -- Expensify does not offer a search by amount with the new or old design, but we encourage any customers who want to search by amount to use command+F on a Mac, or control+F on a PC to open a search page tool. This will allow you to search for a specific amount!

Limit on the amount of expenses you can view

We currently display 250 expenses per page, but you'll always have the option to view more expenses using the arrows at the top of your expense filters.

If you or your employees have confusion around how to use the updated design, the video Stephanie made, offers a great look at where things are located and how to use the new Expenses page. Additionally, our help site has been updated with the new design in mind and provides screenshots and instructions for using Expensify.

Thank you again!

• ntahall

@Admin re. searching by amount, ctr/cmd F "This will allow you to search for a specific amount!" is only for the subset on the page (i.e. max of 250) and therefore needs to be repeated for each page of the filter results.

• corydavis08
    corydavis08 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Is there a way to get the Receipts section back? We do not use SmartScan as it's been very unreliable and not accurate. Plus it can take a couple of days. Having the imported Receipts and Expenses separate made it much easier to compile reports vs. now having to sift through ALL your expenses.

• Julia
    Julia Expensify Customer Posts: 164 Expensify Pro

UI Feedback/suggestion:
    On the advanced search field within expenses and reports, once I enter a date (even by mistake), it doesn't let me just simply delete the date afterwards. I have to reset the whole advanced search function if I don't want to use a certain date field (it's rare that I do, because it doesn't always capture all transactions within that period specifically when I'm searching within Reports)

Can this be tweaked so it can be deleted instead of resetting the search altogether? From an admin standpoint, anytime I have to reset the search in the reports section, it takes usually around a minute for it to queue up any or all of the data which is quite annoying because it slows things down terribly.

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Good morning @Julia - This is great feedback and definitely an improvement I can bring up to my team. I'll get to work documenting this and let you know as I have more info about any changes to the date field.

• Dhart52215
    Dhart52215 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

I will soon be closing my account. I have enjoyed using Expensify but this new version is so complicated and UNintuitive, that I do not have the time to figure it out. Why did you have to do such a radical change to what worked? This change is not good and I have read very few comments that support your enthusiasm for this new version. Goodbye.

• Sheena Trepanier
    edited January 2018

Hello everyone!

I wanted to provide an update on the site slowness, which you should no longer be experiencing, and some upcoming improvements based on your feedback.

We did run into a period of time when using the site was slow, and we do apologize for the impact that had on our year end processes and expense reporting. We're monitoring performance very closely, and if there is the slightest hint of any slowness our team is ready to spring into action.

Now, for the exciting part!

Coming soon
    1. You'll see improvements to how you isolate receipts that don't have any expenses linked to them,
    2. A displayed total of your selected expenses,
    3. And additional options for controlling when and how your Advanced Filters are displayed.

We're confident these changes, many of which have been requested in this thread, will help customers accomplish the tasks they need to complete on the Expenses page.

• WarriorG0ddess
    WarriorG0ddess Expensify Customer Posts: 0 Expensify Newcomer

Here is my feedback on the new format. Every time I go to click on the "comment" field - if i don't click precisely in the small font typing field that is there (which is not marked at all unless my mouse is hovering over it) it opens a detail window. SO ANNOYING.

• FutureCISCorp
    FutureCISCorp Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

I personally need the receipt section back. Please fix this!

• Sheena Trepanier

Hi @WarriorG0ddess, thanks for the feedback! I'll pass this along to my team and keep you updated on any changes we make.

@FutureCISCorp - Can you tell us a little more about how you used the separate pages before? This will help me determine how you can best use the new Expenses page the same way.

Thanks!

• VictorPalkaninec
    VictorPalkaninec Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

I don't like the "New Look for the new year". Can we switch it back to how it was?

• Geepmaley
    Geepmaley Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    edited January 2018

Multiple people have asked for the receipts page back (i voted up all these posts as I too want it back). No response until Jan 11 response to @FutureCISCorp where you ask how it is used. There are multiple other posts outlining how it is used.

Why not just listen to your customers and bring it back and make a lot of your customers happy in the process

• FutureCISCorp
    FutureCISCorp Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

@Sheena Trepanier Some of my staff is technologically challenged. They would hand me a stack of receipts I could easily scan the receipts and upload them at my desk. I guess I'll just have to use the smart phone app until you replace the Receipts section. :(

• MattC
    MattC Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

Sheena - While I appreciate the response and adhock solution attempt, what you proposed is "highlighting" matching dollar amounts, not a search result - you still have to scroll through hundreds and hundreds of expenses (very slow loading and paging down) to hunt for any yellow highlighted dollar amt boxes. The prior Expensify version would provide a result ,if any, by populating a new list of the actual expense(s). There might be several exact dollar amt matches spread over multiple reports spanning several months...but they were all listed together on one page. That is a "search result". doing ctrl/commnad-F means you're scrolling and scrolling for random yellow boxes spattered about hundreds of report pages... then what?

• cwcooper20
    cwcooper20 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

I use this program weekly and just got back from a long work trip w/ many expenses. I am far from pleased that such changes were made w/out any warning. I can navigate fairly well, but cannot find the receipts tab that used to be on here. I cannot see any receipts that I scanned in w/ my phone. I usually scan them in then assign them to a particular expense w/ the notes. Cant even find them now. Not impressed. And of course its Saturday and no one is available to help with this problem.

• stebro
    stebro Approved! Accountant Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

I've been a big Expensify fan for years, but this is disappointing:
    1. Timing: As others have said, the timing is terrible for accountants and accounting firms with the close out of last year and ramping for tax season.
    2. Receipts View: the work to move relevant expenses just got a lot harder now that I have to sift through everything. I never used the Expenses view before because it was a mix of personal and business.
    3. Notice and Training announcing a big change and rolling it out is a slap in the face. The Expensify Approved program needs some meat in it and should have been used to communicate to partners. Partner programs are more than just discounts.

I want to keep being a promoter. Please do more than a big UX drop and a year of product fixes. I would have rather seen the same product, fixes on existing features, and a better partner program.

• RedJelly
    RedJelly Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Why is this new rollout so bad? I have users complaining about the length of time it takes to get anything done now. I believe the Expensify goal is to spend the least amount of time on your site/app doing expenses. If it isn't broke, stop trying to fix it.

• Sheena Trepanier

Hello everyone, thank you again for the continued passion you all show for your expense reporting and using Expensify. We have discussed as a team the Receipts page and how our customers have been utilizing it, but we have no plans to restore a separate receipt page.

We have made improvements to the Expenses page based on the feedback we've received, and have a few more coming in the next week or so.

So far:

1. We've added the ability to hide your Filters without resettings them - This saves valuable screen real estate and keeps your settings as you'd like!
    2. See a sum total of your selected expenses from the Expenses page.
    3. See a count of the total number of selected expenses on the Expenses page.

Coming soon:

1. The ability to isolate receipts, expenses, and documents separately from the Expenses page! This should help customer who are having a hard time with the combined pages as it mimics the functionality of two separate pages.

If there are other improvements that you'd like to see made to the existing design, we'd be delighted to discuss that and learn more about your needs.

Thanks again!

• Sheena Trepanier

Hi again everyone, I'm here to share some more good news!

The ability to filter in expenses, receipts, and receipt images not yet linked to an expense (documents) has gone live. You can learn more about this time saving filter in this Product Update post.

I hope you all enjoy it and please let me know any feedback you have!

Next up on our radar, is to start researching and testing ways we can support searching for comments or amounts. If anyone would like to have a deeper discussion about why they need to search for comments or expense amounts I'd love a chance to do that!

• Sheena Trepanier

I'm back! I forgot to share one more under the hood change we made based on the feedback we've received.

A few of you mentioned you had a hard time differentiating the symbol for a missing receipt and an eReceipt, and we understood where the confusion was coming from.

We've updated the symbols to be much more visually different, I hope it helps!

• ntahall
  • Sheena Trepanier

Hello @ntahall, we don't support filters for eReceipts at this time, but if you filter in Expenses, you should see transactions with missing receipts. (Below)

Can you tell me a little more about the use case in which you'd want to filter in only transactions that have an eReceipt? This is a new request for us and I just want to learn what I can about it, if you don't mind.

• ntahall

Hi @admin, I'm interesting in quickly finding which expenses don't have a receipt attached - not eReceipts - without have to scan through the missing images or lack of. E.g. it's not possible to sort by has/hasn't an image.
    Thanks.

• Sheena Trepanier

Hi @ntahall - You can sort for expenses without a receipt image by filtering in Expenses.

• walterjr45
    walterjr45 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 34 Expensify Team

Hi @walterjr45 - Since the new release has been published, it's not possible to revert to the former version.

Would you mind sharing some feedback about the the items you'd like to restore?

This discussion has been closed.