Why is Chase bank a constant problem on Expensify?

cduncan1351
cduncan1351 Expensify Customer Posts: 1

I have to update my bank info almost every time I go into Expensify, and now Expensify is saying the account # changed (it hasn't) and the login to fix the crd won't work. I even tried to add the card again and that doesn't work. What's the issue with Chase?

Best Answer

Answers

• NKP
    NKP Expensify Customer Posts: 8 Expensify Newcomer

If you search, there are also issues with AMEX and Discover

• Jason Li
    Jason Li Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 229 Expensify Team

Hi @NKP - that's correct, we're currently running into some issues with some of our AMEX connections, and our Discover connection.

Our team are looking into this, but we are waiting on the co-operation of both AMEX and Discover before these connection issues can be resolved.

• NKP
    NKP Expensify Customer Posts: 8 Expensify Newcomer

This has been going on since November. These aren't minor, no-name credit cards. If it's broken - acknowledge it. Change the status to not operational, because....they are not operational.

• Jason Li
    Jason Li Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 229 Expensify Team

Hi @NKP - we appreciate your feedback, and I'll definitely be passing this onto our team. Please note that these connection issues seem to only affect a small, seemingly random set of users (the majority of users aren't having issues with the AMEX connection).

Our team have reached out to AMEX repeatedly to try and pinpoint what's happening, but they haven't been able to shed any further context.

Do you know if you're able to apply for an Amex@Work set of cards, or qualify for a set of corporate cards (otherwise known as a GL1025)? This would mean that AMEX would directly send transaction data to Expensify, ensuring the most stable connection possible.