Just wondering if all American Express - Business users are down.

kmoore
kmoore Expensify Customer Posts: 1
edited May 2021 in Day to Day

I have not had any expenses to populate in from American Express since May 24. Its very hard to believe that it takes this long to fix or correct the connection. Any news about when they expect to have it up and running would be great.

Best Answer

• John Schuster
    John Schuster Expensify Team Posts: 127 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓

Hey there, @K_SUT! Sorry about how affected you've been by this – that really stinks.

While I can't speak to exactly what changed on American Express' side, I do know that the way this connector has worked historically relies on the American Express setup to be left largely unchanged. When a change does happen, we're not given a heads up ahead of time, which leaves us to scramble to get a fix out the door and simultaneously hope that another change doesn't come down the line.

As you can imagine and have experienced first hand, this way of connecting doesn't provide a great experience for our users.

We've been working with American Express to introduce a new connector which would leverage their API. This would provide a vastly better experience, as an API connection doesn't rely on any of the nuances I mentioned above.

We don't have an exact timeline on the API release, but we're hopeful that it could be released in the next few weeks. I'm hesitant to say that, as I'd hate for you to wait to balance your books based on a hope-for date, but we are getting closer every day!

Answers

• Alejandro Paz
    Alejandro Paz Expensify Team Posts: 87 Expensify Team
    edited June 2020

Hi @kmoore ,

We're currently working on an issue due to changes made by American Express. You can follow and track this issue here for updates.

If possible, could you also write in to concierge@expensify.com? That way we can look at your issue specifically and confirm that it might be the same thing, as well as see if there are any alternative options.

Thanks!

• K_SUT
    K_SUT Expensify Customer Posts: 8 Expensify Newcomer

Hi!

We've contacted Amex. They disclosed to us that they have only updated QFX and QBO extensions on the American Express Website. Is the issue somehow related to this update?

Our company is greatly effected by this service being down and it's been over two weeks.

Is there any detailed updates you can provide us on your end as to what Expensify is doing to rectify this issue? Truly feeling left in the dark with no light at the end of this tunnel.

Thank you!