Expensify.org/hunger SNAP campaign status
We’re no longer accepting new participants as our focus is on reimbursing existing claims. While we’re unable to provide a specific timeline on when your report will be reimbursed, we’re doing our best to drive donations and keep reimbursements moving forward. If you know anyone who can donate to this campaign please encourage them to enable Personal or Corporate Karma on their Expensify account.

Showing Account Numbers

kreallkreall Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

We currently sync our QBO chart of accounts with Expensify. I would like to be able to see our account numbers in addition to account names when coding transactions. We have accounts with very similar names, so being able to see the account number next to the name would be tremendously helpful and cut down on user errors. The only workaround right now is to add the account number to my account name description in QBO. I do not want to do this, because this impacts all of my QBO reports. I would love to see Expensify add this option, as it appears to be pretty standard in other platforms.

1 votes

Understanding the Issue · Last Updated

Comments

• Kirk BarrettKirk Barrett Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 72 Expensify Team

Due to popular demand we actually mask the GL Codes from end users, as in the vast majority of cases this was complicating things unnecessarily for end users who don't need to know the specific codes. I'm sorry to hear that this is actually causing more complications for you in this case. We don't have an option to enable these, but I will share your feedback with the team. Currently the best workaround here would be to edit the account names to increase differentiation at that level.

• kreallkreall Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

It would be great if this was an option to turn on and off, since not all companies structure their chart of accounts the same way. As a non-profit, we have two types of expenses, operating and program. We have expenses with the same names under both of these two categories. For example, there is a marketing expense under operating and a marketing expense under program. Account numbers drive all of our coding, and it would be great to be able to see them.

• Rachael HopkinsRachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 687 Expensify Team

Thanks @kreall for that added info. Don't forget to vote for your idea!