Expensify.org/hunger to reimburse families in need during COVID-19 crisis

Comments

• Missfee
    Missfee Expensify Customer Posts: 7 Expensify Newcomer

So it takes two months for them to review one receipt?

• Julie7374
    Julie7374 Expensify Customer Posts: 17 Expensify Newcomer

I give up this is a joke I have been putting so many hours and trying to get this way they want it and it's just ridiculous forget it's not worth fifty bucks to me

• Victoria O'leary
    Victoria O'leary Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 110 Expensify Team

Hi @Julie7374

I can see Michelle mentioned to you earlier that your request to join the policy hadn't yet been accepted - I'm really sorry about that, I know these are difficult time. Demand for the program has been sobering and after the first 5000 families joined the program we had to stop accepting additional requests.

We'll be accepting more families as soon as we can and you’ll receive a notification via email once you're accepted to the policy.

Take care.

• Julie7374

I had my application in in the middle of March

• Julie7374

I just want to know if everything done right I don't have to worry about it

• LaurenR_Expensify
    LaurenR_Expensify Expensify Team Posts: 106 Expensify Team

Hi Julie. The way the programme works is that you need to request to join the Expensify.org/hunger policy before submitting an expense.

As we mentioned Demand for the program has been sobering and after the first 5000 families joined the program we had to stop accepting additional requests.

You can see if you were accepted onto the policy by going to your Groups Policy page. If you don't see expensify.org/hunger there, this means that if your request to join the policy wasn't accepted because of the overwhelming demand and we aren't going to be able to reimburse your expense claim. I appreciate that this may be very disappointing, and we truly wish we could help more families. We're focusing on fundraising right now to increase our capacity.

Thank you and stay safe.

• SB1985
    SB1985 Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

I feel like we're all getting the run around. I have asked multiple times and the question has been basically avoided by your concierge. Should I just give up on this actually happening. The only response I receive is to have patience. I have plenty of patience and I am very grateful that your company would choose to do this at all. However, I feel at this point you guys just don't have the ability to just tell us that this is never going to happen and we're just being strung along with false hope. I hope I'm wrong, but I've been waiting since March and I just don't see it happening.

• Aliciacook15
    Aliciacook15 Expensify Customer Posts: 3

I know you guys are doing the best you can but please be honest I'm not going to get reimbursed am I

• Kimberlie
    Kimberlie Expensify Customer Posts: 6 Expensify Newcomer

Expensify Team: it might give a lot of us some confidence IF you did a daily posting of how MANY PEOPLE you all PAID OUT. It's not that labor intensive to list how many customers you were able to help each day, plus it may restore some faith in those of us who have been waiting about 2months to be paid. Just a suggestion and if you do decide to go with it, please make sure post on here and maybe as an email in the Expensify app so that we know where to find that information. You don't have to post anyone's name as I know that may be a breach of confidentiality, but simply posting that you paid out to a family in Dallas, Texas or Miami, Florida etc, could be enough. Transparency is wonderful thing in this day in age when dealing with any corporation no matter how small or large. Hopefully, ya'll will be able to actually pay out everyone who signed up and maybe down the line even those that are limbo, waiting to sign up bc there are so many applicants already. Please know that we do appreciate the effort, but also understand that low income individuals and families sometimes get promised many things, but then the individuals or companies that promised "help" don't always deliver for whatever reason. So while I, and I'm sure many others, appreciate what you're trying to do, and HAVE done for some, know that we are also VERY skeptical for a good reason. Especially since a LOT of us, not only low income families, are hurting so much financially. Just my opinions🤷🏻‍♀️ Hope everyone reading this is staying safe and healthy💕

• NikkiG913
    NikkiG913 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Just Checking In...

I submitted my report back in April and it still says processing. Can my account be looked into to make sure I did everything correctly? Thank You Very Much!!

• Dena_Lepley
    Dena_Lepley Expensify Customer Posts: 5 Expensify Newcomer

I submitted my report back on March 24,and on May 5 I was told everything was right and was processing but now it is June 1 and just wondering what's going on with my report. I would appreciate some communication back please, and thank you for all you do.

• Julie7374

I still haven't gotten my deposit mind the first day that they opened and have deposited numerous times and they keep saying everything is going perfectly fine but yet they can't find this or can't find that I give up on it

• Amanda DeWitt
    Amanda DeWitt Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 84 Expensify Team

Hello all! While we understand the frustration, we are doing our best to drive donations so we can continue to reimburse these reports. That being said, reports that have been submitted, WILL be reviewed, though we cannot provide an ETA on this at this time.

• kwilbanks
    kwilbanks Expensify Customer Posts: 7 Expensify Newcomer

I am wondering if I should assume this isn't going to happen? I have been waiting since the program first started, only to find out later in the month there was a issue. I resent it in correctly and have now been waiting since March 25th. Now.i understand that this was way bigger than you ever expected it to be. I respect that. Please just let me know the truth.

• Newhaven_myra1
    Newhaven_myra1 Expensify Customer Posts: 6 Expensify Newcomer

Reading all these comment are saddening. We're living in desperate times where people are losing hope. I work in a food pantry so I see the desperate scared faces everyday and am glad that I am able to to provide hope for people who are in need. I know that you all had great intentions when you started this reimbursement process but honestly you bit off more than you can chew. Reading the comments and added frustration is proof of that. The cut and paste responses are not helping as people need a human touch. I believe the program should have been limited to a certain number and the system should have been more user friendly. Doing a good thing isn't always the right thing and you can actually cause more harm than good. I am certain that everyone appreciates the good that you all are attempting to do but you've also created exhaustion, anxiety and a false sense of hope. Let this be a learning lesson for everyone and please don't get offended by my statement.. Thank you.

• Kimberlie
    Kimberlie Expensify Customer Posts: 6 Expensify Newcomer

Thank you so much @Newhaven_myra1 !! You summed up everything that I know I am feeling and probably many others as well. Thank you for putting that out there so precise and eloquently, I appreciated reading that💕 Also, thank you for helping out in your community, you are a very decent person

• Julie7374

• Kimber
    Kimber Expensify Customer Posts: 12 Expensify Newcomer

@Julie7374 They have explained to you several times, you have to wait until you have been accepted to the Expensify.org/hunger policy before you can submit your report correctly. If you're not accepted then your report no matter how many times you submit it won't be processing. It sounds like you don't have an active processing report.

• Sophie_Pinto
    Sophie_Pinto Expensify Customer, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 133 Expensify Team

Thank you @Kimber, you are correct in that @Julie7374 needs to be accepted to the Expensify.org/hunger policy before reports will be processed.

@Julie7374 - I note that this has been explained a couple of times before that we are still working our way through users who had submitted requests before the policy closed. Unfortunately, we can only give as much as we received and are still waiting on donations from other users! I've linked the previous explanations for quick reference:

https://community.expensify.com/discussion/comment/16432/#Comment_16432

https://community.expensify.com/discussion/comment/16424/#Comment_16424

• Karenjane57
    Karenjane57 Expensify Customer Posts: 7 Expensify Newcomer

omg....march 25th is when i submitted mine...2+ mos. have gone by and tbh I actually forgot about this for a few weeks. as I can see since the last time I read comments...nothing has changed and people are still being paid out of order even though expensive INSISTS that they are in order. just another day waiting with no updates such as:

How many reports were reimbursed for each day?

How many reports are in front of mine?

How much funding is coming through daily?

These are simple questions that they cannot be bothered with. Expensify: can you at the absolute least provide us with information on how long these unpaid reports can remain idle collecting dust before they are closed...or...just deleted completely?

Thank You!

• Msstrick40
    Msstrick40 Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Hi, on May 26th I submitted a receipt but it seems I didn't read thru things thoroughly and left info out. It was subsequently closed. I no longer have my receipt. Is there anyway I can go back in and change or redo it or am I just out of luck. Thanks!!

• Victoria O'leary
    Victoria O'leary Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 110 Expensify Team

Hi @Karenjane57

While we wish we could reimburse everyone now, the reality of the world means we need to be patient until we can get to everyone who needs it. We truly hope that you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy.

I've checked your request to make sure we have all the information we need, and we do, so we will do our very best to get you reimbursed as soon as possible.

I assure you, these requests are not going to close off/drop off at any point.

Hi @Msstrick40

I'm really sorry but due to the high demand, we stopped accepting new requests at the start of May. This is only temporary until we have made sure all the requests in our backlog have been processed. Keep an eye out here in our Community for future updates.

Thank you everyone for your patience. We're working hard to ensure everyone gets reimbursed and we will contact each of you once your request has been processed.

In the meantime, we hope and your families stay safe.

• Mars
    Mars Expensify Customer Posts: 1

It has been 3 months almost 4 months and I am still waiting to be approved for $50 lol ridiculous if you ask me .

• kwilbanks
    kwilbanks Expensify Customer Posts: 7 Expensify Newcomer

I was just skipped over like I never posted 😂 I feel bad even being annoyed. I'm trying to be nice about things and I hope I'm coming across that way. It's hard to tell online. I just want to know if I should even think this might happen sooner or later or give up. I could seriously use that $50 to get supplies I can buy with ebt that my kids need Im praying mine is fixing to be approved, I could seriously use it to purchase my younger sons epi pen.

• RoseJimin74
    RoseJimin74 Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Can someone please check if I submitted everything correctly, I was kinda confused but I hope I did it right, it's been awhile now

Thank You

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team

Sorry @kwilbanks ! This thread is pretty hefty and we overlooked you! Embarrassing. 😳

Yes, yours looks hunky-dory! It's just a case of waiting (longer)! 😀

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team

Hi @RoseJimin74 My sincere apologies, but it looks like you missed the window to apply to be added to the Hunger Policy by a couple of weeks.

As an aside, it looks like you accidentally created a Group Policy, so I recommend you delete this asap! You can do this from Settings > Policies > Group in the Expensify web app. (this is a billable feature, so I'd hate for you to be billed).

If you would like to, you can delete your whole Expensify account under Settings > Account > Account Details, or you can continue to use Expensify for free to manage and track your household budget (that's what a few of us Expensify people do!).

If you run into any troubles at all, please email concierge@expensify.com so we can help you directly. 😀

• Rachael Hopkins

Hi @Mars I can see yours is all A-OK and waiting to be approved. We reimburse the reports as funds are donated, until there are no funds left, and then we repeat the process the next day and so on. In the order that the reports were submitted.

With thousands of reports coming very quickly at the start, exponentially greater than donations received, this means there has been a longer wait for some. Rest assured, we are processing the reports as fast as we can, in proportion with the donations made to us. You will get that $50!

• Kimber
    Kimber Expensify Customer Posts: 12 Expensify Newcomer

I want to say Thank You to everyone at Expensify for the $50 reimbursement. I appreciate your generosity and willingness to help others, it's very much appreciated. For those still waiting to be reimbursed, be patient, Expensify is keeping their promise of getting to everyone who filed before the deadline. I filed my report on March 25th and the money was deposited into my account yesterday.