How to perform a reconciliation of Expensify payable accounts without credit cards linked?

Kyle_L0607
Kyle_L0607 Expensify Customer Posts: 2

I am trying to reconcile my Expensify payable accounts in Quickbooks. What report should I use to find the outstanding balance unpaid as of the last day of the year?

Answers

• Amanda DeWitt
    Amanda DeWitt Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 84 Expensify Team

Hey @Kyle_L0607!

What specific outstanding balance unpaid are you looking to locate in Expensify? Unpaid balance to the card provider? If that's the case, there isn't anything in Expensify that would tell you this without manually cross examining your card statement with transactions in Expensify.

By report, are you meaning the default spreadsheet reports you can generate from the Reports page?

Depending on how you have everything set up, you may want to consider building your own custom template to ensure all of the right data points are included.

We have a walkthrough on how to do this here: How to create a custom export

• Kyle_L0607
    Kyle_L0607 Expensify Customer Posts: 2

I would like to verify the amount of expenses entered in Expensify but that had not been reimbursed as of year end. This would allow me to reconcile my Expensify payables account in Quickbooks.

I was hoping that there would be a way to draft a report detailing all expenses/reimbursements so I could show the register as of 12/31. I am working with a cash basis, so I do not need to know when expenses were incurred, but only when they were paid. I have yet to be able to draft a report detailing reimbursements made.

• Amanda DeWitt
    Amanda DeWitt Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 84 Expensify Team

@Kyle_L0607

Are these expenses reimbursed in Expensify? Or at least marked as reimbursed?

You could filter your Reports page by Reimbursed reimbursed, then export to spreadsheet so you can use Excel or your favorite spreadsheet program to calculate the sum as there isn't a way to do that within Expensify. You would use the {report:achreimburse} to output the actual date the report was reimbursed via ACH.