Quickbooks

mberzok
mberzok Expensify Customer Posts: 2

For some reason certain reports won't upload. It says, "Invalid Reference Id : The account you are trying to use has been deleted." However, I can get other reports to upload. I have contacted concierge@expensify.com, but they cannot help. Is there someone to talk to, directly?

Answers

• mberzok
    mberzok Expensify Customer Posts: 2

FWIW, since these guys get killed on customer service. After some back and forth, they were able to explain what I did wrong and give me options on fixing it. Overall I was satisfied and appreciative of the response. It seems like they are underwater, but competent.

Thank you Concierege.

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

@mberzok, thank you for the update on your post and the kind words. We are struggling with a really unprecedented spike in volume that came with the new year and hasn't slowed down at all.

Your words were shared with the team. They definitely gave us all a boost and we can't tell you how much we appreciated receiving them.

Take care!

• JenniferS_D3
    JenniferS_D3 Expensify Customer Posts: 3

Hi mberzok / Sheena - could you let us know what the solution was?

• LaurenR_Expensify
    LaurenR_Expensify Expensify Team Posts: 106 Expensify Team

Hi @JenniferS_D3

This error occurs when the

• account (category or posting account),
    • customer (tag),
    • item,
    • vendor (submitter or Credit Card Misc. vendor),
    • and/or class

on a report has been deleted or inactivated within QuickBooks Online.

To resolve this you'll need to check if the vendor or any accounts, customers, items, or classes used in the report have been deleted or set as inactive in your QuickBooks account.

Once you have found what has been deleted or set as inactive, make sure you reactivate it. Then, sync the Expensify policy and try to export the report again.

This should do the trick. If you're still experiencing issues after that, reach out to concierge@expensify.com so we can take a further look, but hopefully this should get you set up :)

• JenniferS_D3

Hi Lauren, if the error says "The account you are trying to use..." does it mean that the inactivated/deleted account is "account (category or posting account)"? Or can it still also be the customer, item, vendor, and/or class?

And to clarify, the Account (category or posting account) is the "category" listed on the Edit Expense page? Or could it also be other fields?

Could this error occur if we have locked prior periods for editing in Quickbooks, and the expense relates to one of those prior periods?

• LaurenR_Expensify
    LaurenR_Expensify Expensify Team Posts: 106 Expensify Team

Hi Jennifer, I'd like to take a closer look at some of the specifics of your account. Can you write into concierge@expensify.com so we can look at the specific reports affected in more detail and take it from there? Thanks!

• JenniferS_D3

I've tried changing the Category, Attendees, and Merchant and I'm getting the same error. We have Quickbooks synced so the dropdown menu in Expensify should be giving me the right name for each Quickbooks field. (Also, this is the monthly Expensify bill that I'm trying to sync, which has synced properly every month until now). Are there other things to try? Is there a way to 'audit' which field is causing the issue?