Airline receipts into Expensify from my TMC

Kris_K
Kris_K Expensify Customer Posts: 3

How does my TMC get the receipts into Expensify system? Would they e-mail to me and i move it over?

Answers

• Jeremy Boniface
    Jeremy Boniface Expensify Team Posts: 202 Expensify Team

@Kris_K Thanks for joining the Community! Some travel booking tools offer direct integrations with Expensify, like Egencia and TripActions. Otherwise, you can forward emailed receipts to receipts@expensify.com. Let me know if you have other questions!

• Kris_K

How would the system know who it is for? Our TMC now has the attachment named as GRILL_0212183_10AUG_UXZSWK.pdf . Grill being the last name, 0212183 being the invoice number, 10Aug being the departure date, and UXZSWK being the Sabre record locator. Thanks. Would our company name or customer number have to be in the pdf name somewhere?

• Jeremy Boniface

The receipt is added to the account that's associated with the email address that's forwarding the receipt to us. Basically, the email address of the sender is the only marker we can use to direct the receipt, except for Copilots. Copilots can put the email address of the account they want to direct the receipt to in the subject line of the forwarded email.

• B_B
    B_B Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Jeremy,

So, the TMC uses an automated Document Delivery system that can possibly ghost the traveler’s email as the senders would that work? Or can a TMC send from a designated email address and put the traveler’s email in the subject line according to your comment that would then send that itinerary directly to the travelers expensify account. Is this correct?

• Jeremy Boniface
    • So, the TMC uses an automated Document Delivery system that can possibly ghost the traveler’s email as the senders would that work?

The ideal setup depends on how you're purchasing travel. For example, is all of your travel purchased with a centralized card? If so, you should just ensure that the TMC sends your travel receipts to the email address associated with the centralized card in Expensify, so that you can forward the receipts from there to us, then the receipts can merge with the card expenses.

If travel is purchased by individual employees or on individual employees' company cards, the TMC would need to send the email directly to the traveler so that the traveler can forward in the receipt, so that the receipt and card expense can merge in the travelers' respective accounts.

• Or can a TMC send from a designated email address and put the traveler’s email in the subject line according to your comment that would then send that itinerary directly to the travelers expensify account. Is this correct?

No, the Copilot would be the centralized admin in this case.

• Kris_K
  • B_B
    B_B Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Jeremy,

Thank you for that answer…  So, Expensify only links account to a unique email address and does not a signed a number to the expensify user? Other expense tools that I have worked with that TMCs have used. Other Expense tools had a remark that would be put in the traveler’s profile and would print on each Final ticketed reservation email. That would go to a specific email address and would be parsed then forwarded to that traveler’s expense account. Does Expensify have anything to do this? We do not want to change TMC but are interested in using the Expensify accounting tool.

• Jeremy Boniface

For all intents and purposes, you're correct -- the email address is the identifier we use in this context. There is no additional routing that we can enable for your TMC. The TMC needs to email the receipt to the email address associated with the Expensify account where the receipt needs to land, then that receipt can be forwarded to the us by the recipient.