how can I replace a billing owner that no longer works for us?

Christine_180church
Christine_180church Expensify Customer Posts: 1

How can I replace a billing owner that no longer works for us?

Answers

• Jason Li
    Jason Li Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 229 Expensify Team

Hi @Christine_180church - welcome to the Community! Are you currently a Policy Admin on the Policy (the billing owner is the owner of)?

If so, you can simply click on Settings, then Policies, then Overview - you'll see a button called "Take Over Billing" next to the Policy name. Clicking on this will prompt you to add a billing card and make you the new owner.

• rsuneson
    rsuneson Expensify Customer Posts: 2

@Jason Li - I'm having the same issue. I'm a policy admin but I don't see the button to 'take over billing' on the overview page of the policy.

What am I missing?

• Cortney Ofstad
    Cortney Ofstad Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 173 Expensify Team

Hey @rsuneson! I checked out your company settings, and it shows that your company has enabled a feature called Domain Billing. In order for you to take over the policies, you'll need to temporarily disable that feature.

To do this, login to the Expensify website, navigate to Settings Domain Domain Admins and turn off the toggle. Once you do that, you'll see the option to take over billing for each policy.

Once that is done, go back into the Domain settings, turn the billing feature back on, and either keep the same individual who is already listed, or change it to yourself, allowing your card to billed.

If you have any other questions or need anything else, please let me know!

• rsuneson
    rsuneson Expensify Customer Posts: 2
    edited August 2020

Thanks @Cortney Ofstad , done and done! One more question - how do I change the 'reimburser' to myself in Policy -> Reimbursement section?

• Cortney Ofstad
    Cortney Ofstad Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 173 Expensify Team

Awesome and glad to hear it @rsuneson! As for the reimbursement, you first have to have someone share the business bank account with you within Expensify. If the bank account is not listed within your account settings, you won't have the ability to reimburse employees.

You'll need to reach out to LQuanstrom@ to have them share the account with you within Expensify. Instructions on how to share a business bank account can be found here.

Let me know if you have any other questions!