Error Marking NetSuite Expense Report

Options
andrewsuzuka
andrewsuzuka Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Hello - we have Expensify integrated with NetSuite, but it isn't marketing expense reports as Paid in NetSuite after paying via Expensify. The error noted by Concierge is "Error Marketing NetSuite Expense Report ID XXXX as paid: We weren't able to create a Bill Payment for this report, probably because we couldn't find the class field on the Bill Payment form. Please enable to class field in the Bill Payment form."

How do I do that?

Answers

• Leslie Rodriguez
    Leslie Rodriguez Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Posts: 51 Expensify Team
    edited August 2020
    Options

Hi there! Welcome to the community @andrewsuzuka !

At a high level, report errors like this one will usually have an explanation as to why the report is failing. This particular error is telling us that Expensify is having trouble creating a bill payment, because we couldn't find the class field on the Bill Payment form.

This requires us to look at the Bill Payment form on the NetSuite side and ensure that class is enable. In NetSuite, head to Customization > Forms > Transaction Forms then search for the Bill Payment form. Click into the form and ensure that the class field is enabled. Take a look and let me know if you have any further questions. Cheers!

• philk
    philk Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Leslie,

Following up on your response to Andrew's issue, the class field was enabled to show on the bill payment form. It is flagged as "Mandatory" and to "Show" on the form. See below.

Unfortunately, the issue Andrew is describing continues to occur even with the class field showing and enabled on the bill payment form. Any idea what other Netsuite settings could be causing this issue? Appreciate any insight you can provide.

• Leslie Rodriguez
    Options

Hi @philk! I just wanted to make sure I'm following. Are you an @andrewsuzuka colleagues at the same company or did you happen to see the same error as Andrew on your own separate Expensify account? I ask because that context is important and will help me troubleshoot the issue. Thanks!

• philk
    philk Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

I am Andrew's colleague at the same company attempting to troubleshoot the issue he encountered. After a further dive, the issue may have related to the location field, which was not exposed at the time of my previous post, rather than the class field which was exposed. We're going to conduct some testing to see if the update resolves the issue and will let you know the outcome. Thank you.

• Leslie Rodriguez
    edited September 2020
    Options

Ah ok, no problem! If you do run into any issues, reaching out to concierge will allow us to deep dive in a more private format (the community is a public forum available to all Expensify users) and will allow us to respond in real time. Let me know what you find!