Does Expensify support Sage X3 Cloud integration?

Options
cbergamini
cbergamini Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
edited August 2018 in Integrations and API

I am a Sage reseller that has a new customer using Expensify with Quickbooks. Does Expensify easily integrate with Sage X3 Cloud? If so, what are next steps?

Answers

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    edited September 2020
    Options

Hello @cbergamini! We integrate with Sage X3 Cloud through the use of a custom export template. You can learn more about how this process works on our help site here.

The process is very similar to our guide on integrating Dynamics with Expensify, which you can also find here.

At this time there is no direct integration available for Sage X3 Cloud.

• Fsaman
    Fsaman Expensify Customer Posts: 1
    Options

Hi Sheena - Are you able to share an updated on link on this integration? I am not able to find it using the links provided. Would be super helpful! thanks

• Sasha Kluger
    Sasha Kluger Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 126 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @Fsaman - thanks for checking in! I've updated the links in Sheena's comment above so they should work for you now.

• jscarpa_90703
    jscarpa_90703 Expensify Customer Posts: 28 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

We created our own custom export format in Expensify for SAGE X3. However, it requires a lot of small steps:

1) Export to Excel from Expensify

2) Open a SAGE X3 Excel Import template

3) Import the Expensify export Excel file into the SAGE X3 Excel import format

4) Export the Expensify data from the SAGE X3 Excel import template to the ASCII format that SAGE X3 is expecting to import

5) Import the SAGE X3 ASCII file

6) Review the log to verify everything imported successfully.

This is a lot of steps. Is there a way we can set up Expensify to export in the ASCII format that SAGE X3 requires? Thank you,

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @jscarpa_90703 not at this stage. Occasionally we do create a specific export template for accounting software when there is significant demand, however, these kinds of templates are very time consuming to develop and we have had fewer than three requests in 4.5 years. I'm afraid we need to prioritise engineering resources on higher-demand issues. Sorry I can't be of more help!

• jscarpa_90703
    Options

@Rachael Hopkins I appreciate the reply, but I am hoping someone on the Expensify software team can please take a look at this request. SAGE X3 (Enterprise Cloud) is a very popular product, and I'd imagine most SAGE X3 users have this problem but don't know what to ask for. It likely only takes a few hours to create the export template in the right format. Perhaps if a developer could take some time to read the request they could accomplish it very quickly. We'd greatly appreciate your consideration. Thank you!

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @jscarpa_90703 unfortunately as I say, we have only had 3 requests in 4.5 years - I have looked across all our platforms for requests. You could create an Idea and we can gauge popularity that way, but when there are so few requests and queries in our system, that's a good early indicator of popularity.

It's me and my team who create the requests for the templates, so I'm well aware of what's required and the time needed, and also the thresholds we have before we create bespoke integration exports. Sorry to let you down here, but I really don't like to get peoples' hopes up when I know it's unlikely to happen.

Perhaps you could look at creating a macro that does a lot of the excel re-jigging for you or something in Excel that pares down the time needed?

• jscarpa_90703
    Options

@Rachael Hopkins

Yes, we already use excel macro's to do the conversion. However, it is still a lot of steps. I understand you have limitations on your resources and time constraints.

Perhaps we can create our own direct import from Expensify to SAGE X3. Does Expensify have an API that I could look at to pull the data from directly from? If you have some documentation on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• Jason Li
    Jason Li Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 229 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @jscarpa_90703 - here's a link to Expensify's API resources. Let us know if you have any further questions!