Capital One Outage???

johnehrhardt
johnehrhardt Expensify Customer Posts: 5 Expensify Newcomer
edited October 2020 in Day to Day

Are any users experiencing outages with Capital One Credit Card transactions? We have numerous users within our company whose credit cards have stopped importing transactions into Expensify. Any guidance on what you do when / if this happens would be great!

Comments

• Sasha Kluger
    Sasha Kluger Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 126 Expensify Team

Hi @johnehrhardt - there are no known Capital One outages at the moment. Could you please reach out to Concierge (by using the in-app messenger or emailing concierge@expensify.com) and provide more details? Specifically, we can help troubleshoot further if we know if this is happening for a personal card connections or company card connection, and which specific users and cards are affected.

• johnehrhardt

Thanks Sasha! We are in the fourth week of an outage with some of our cardholders and have had an open ticket with concierge and engineering since 9/21. I was just trying to get some feedback over what other users do when there is an outage that lasts this long. Do they relink cards? Is there another avenue they use?

It is obviously causing us tremendous difficulties when our company card transactions do not pull into Expensify from our credit card provider. I am open to any suggestions as our cardholders are asking our internal accounting team daily for updates. Any assistance you could provide would be much appreciated.

• Sophie_Pinto
    Sophie_Pinto Expensify Customer, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 133 Expensify Team

If you urgently need the transactions to be imported, you can use our CSV upload method, detailed here.

While I appreciate it's not ideal to not have your expenses importing, it can take a minute to untangle what is the root issue, particularly when it is identified to one domain only (at this point in time). I can see that the ticket has finished our peer-review process, so hopefully this will picked up for resolution soon.

• johnehrhardt
  • DanM
    DanM Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

We regularly (every few months) experience a problem where linked capital one cards link breaks. This is always with NO change at capital one, only something breaking in Expensify.

"Best" work around has been to ignore the error and eventually it self-repairs, but this is frustration and leaves expenses unreconciled for a random period until it self-repairs and the transactions are finally imported. Pretty annoying.

We speculate the 2FA bypass (equiv of "remember this computer" logging into card account via browser) expires after a couple months or Expensify changes the connection causing 2FA to expire. But who knows?

If we it will "fix" try to re-link the cards, BUT Expensify generates a NEW copy of the same cards rather than just "fix"ing the existing ones. AND it also leaves the original links now repaired in place. This in turn means we get double copies of transactions and also have to sort out multiple copies of the same cards. If we delete the "new" copy, the old copy stops working. If we delete the old copy, we permanently lose those pending transactions. Again, really annoying and it occurs every once in a while for all the Capital One cards. We noticed that usually after a few days the problem self-corrects if we do nothing. Unfortunately, sometimes the "few days" stretches out to a couple weeks. We have seen no pattern in the outage recurrence intervals or repair times.

• Kadie Alexander
    Kadie Alexander Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 113 Expensify Team

Hi there @DanM,

Thanks for reaching out here with your experience. I've taken a look at your account and I'm unable to see a current CapitalOne connection, so I'll be unable to provide any specific guidance at this stage. Could you please reach out to Concierge with some further information so that we can troubleshoot this for you?

Thanks in advance!

Kadie