Spending Limit Notifications - Feature Request

FinanceManagerACSCC
FinanceManagerACSCC Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer

I'd like to put in a feature request where notifications are sent to employees alerting to account balances and remaining card limits. It would be great to have more visibility into the limit since not all employees login and check regularly. This would avoid denied charges due to a lack of awareness while establishing a useful tool for employees, and even manager. Just my two cents!

Tagged:

Answers

• Greg Schroeder
    Greg Schroeder Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 64 Expensify Team

Hey @FinanceManagerACSCC - thanks for contributing! One thing to note is that Expensify Card limits should be available at a quick glance on the mobile app via Settings > Connected Cards. Most folks are likely just logged into the mobile app passively, right? I'd say that's the quickest way to see the limit at a glance.

As for a notification system, are you envisioning some sort of like text message based system? Perhaps something where if the limit approaches a certain barrier, a message is triggered to the cardholder?

• FinanceManagerACSCC
    FinanceManagerACSCC Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer

Yes, text based or email based would be great! There isn't enough transparency about the limit with the current setup for my employees, hence the request. Hopefully this would be easy to implement because I think it would appreciated by many users. Our users don't use the mobile app that much since it's nice to keep a distinction between work/computer and personal/mobile, at least in our case.

• Adrian_Mazur19
    Adrian_Mazur19 Expensify Customer Posts: 1

What about if you don’t have a card connected, and are using Expensify to track individual expenses for yourself?

It would be great to just be able to set a personal spending limit/goal, and have the app itself notify you when you get close/reach the limit.

• Kirk Barrett
    Kirk Barrett Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 128 Expensify Team

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this could be a useful addition. There isn't currently a way to set this limit, but if you were to go to the Expenses page, set the date range for the appropriate period, make sure the filters are not blocking out a specific status of expense, and then check the Select All box at the top of the expenses list. This will give you a total for that time period. This might serve as a workaround for you!

I'll share your suggestion with the team. Thanks for letting us know!