Intacct Project Module and Expensify non reimbursable expenses

JoannaB
JoannaB Approved! Accountant Posts: 14

Since credit card transactions do not work with the product module and we need to flag and bill back clients for expenses incurred on our credit cards. Can anyone confirm that using AP Bills instead works seamlessly? Intacct support advised that the expenses will be assigned to the submitter. Since there is no test environment I cannot confirm.

Best Answer

• Karisa Latta
    Karisa Latta Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 147 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓

Hey @JoannaB

q.) So if telephone is not billable are you saying that it will be mapped to 60100?

a.) Yes. You can control the billable status default settings for all expenses in the Settings - Policies - Group - [Policy Name] - Expenses - Rebill Expenses. This will help control where the expenses will post into based on billable status.

--

q.) As far as policies so then can I connect to 2 different intacct environments if needed as well?

a.) Correct!!

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have more questions.

Answers

• Ben Fitz
    Ben Fitz Expensify Team Posts: 117 Expensify Team

Hi @JoannaB!

That's correct, we'll use the submitter's email address to assign the AP Bill in Intacct.

• JoannaB

That doesn't make sense does it? If the vendor assigned on the coding screen in Expensify is the Credit card bank who I need to pay doesn't the bill get assigned to that vendor therefore I can pay that vendor and not myself?

• Ben Fitz

Sorry @JoannaB, I took your first question to imply that you are exporting non-reimbursable expenses as Vendor Bills, in which case the Bill will be assigned to the submitter as the 'vendor'. Specifics of how that looks can be found here, and we can take a closer look at your particular setup if you'd like to write into concierge@expensify.com

• JoannaB

Hi Ben no due to Intacct limitations I have to export non-reimbursable expenses as Vendor Bills; I am trying to confirm if A) it really works as intended when I use the billable button and B) that the expense report will get booked in Intacct to the vendor I select in the coding page. In the example none of the ids/names are consistent - the coding shows Bill tester, Francois L Dev vendor and who knows who the submitter is.

I did reach out to concierge and was told the submitter but that does not make sense. From your screenshot are you telling my that your submitter is Francois L Dev vendor?

Can you send me a screenshot of that in Expensify please?

• Maddy Lewis
    Maddy Lewis Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 120 Expensify Team

Hi again @JoannaB - We will need to continue this conversation via Concierge. It sounds like we'll need to review an example of a report that isn't exporting correctly, and we may need you to send us screenshots of your Intacct setup (which typically shouldn't be shared on a public forum).

Please continue the conversation with Concierge, and we'll get this sorted for you. Thanks!

• JoannaB

Intacct is not live for the client I am asking these questions for and we have no way to test this to make sure it truly works so there is nothing for you look at since this is not setup! Their expensify is hooked to Quickbooks. I think my questions are very clear - if not then we should agree to a zoom/webex or teams meeting for you to show me that this works. Thanks so much! If this cannot be resolved that we will have no choice to move to another expense provider.

• Maddy Lewis
    Maddy Lewis Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 120 Expensify Team

@JoannaB - Gotcha!

For each of your outstanding questions -

I have to export non-reimbursable expenses as Vendor Bills; I am trying to confirm if it really works as intended when I use the billable button.

• Well, yes, non-reimbursable expenses will export as vendor bills if that's what you have NBs exporting as. I'm not sure I understand what you're referencing when you say "work as intended when I use the billable button." But one thing to note - When an expense is marked as Billable in Expensify, your users will need to select the correct billable Category (Item) or there will be an error when exporting.

Will the expense report will get booked in Intacct to the vendor I select on the coding page?

• An expense report will export to the account you select in the export settings you configure. Coding configuration refers to how your expense coding dimensions import into Expensify. For more information on how to properly set up coding configuration, take a look at this help doc.

You can always test this out by creating a test policy and then connecting that policy to Intacct. That's a very common practice for users. Be sure to review this help guide when establishing the connection between Intacct and a policy (test or otherwise).

• JoannaB

Thank you Maddy this makes more sense now - specifically the answer about using the coding page's vendor as the vendor to which the expenses get loaded to in Intacct since the response about using the submitter made no sense what so ever.

Regarding the item will drive the GL account which shows up in Intacct in AP Bills?

AP bills screen require GL accounts so if I have a category called Telephone with a GL account of 60100 and an item called Billable Utilities (where in Intacct billable utilities is associated with GL account 13100) will 60100 or 13100 flow to AP Bills?

Can I have 1 policy integrated with Quickbooks and 1 policy integrated with Intacct (using the same domain)?

• Ben Fitz

Hi @JoannaB - when setting up billable expenses in Intacct, you'll map your categories to specific items — so in your example, the category Telephone will be mapped to the Billable Utilites item, and that (13100) will flow to AP Bills.

For your second question — each policy is distinct from others in Expensify, so you're certainly able to connect one to Intacct and another to QuickBooks.

• JoannaB

So if telephone is not billable are you saying that it will be mapped to 60100?

As far as policies so then can I connect to 2 different intacct environments if needed as well?