Is there a template on how to seamlessly integrate Expensify & Netsuite?

Nur
Nur Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

Hi! We are switching from QuickBooks to Netsuite and were wondering if there is a template on how to integrate Expensify with NetSuite. Please let us know the steps to do so and test compatibility. Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• Karisa Latta
    Karisa Latta Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 147 Expensify Team

Hey @Nur !

We don't have an official guide but there are a few options depending on how you want to test compatibility.

Your first option is to just switch the proverbial flip! Simply remove the QuickBooks connection from Settings - Policies - Group - [Policy Name] - Connections. Then refresh the page and connect with NetSuite instead. This is a great method but does affect your live expense policy and reports.

The next option is to create a new Group policy and only invite a few key test users. Then, connect the policy to NetSuite and have the users submit expenses so you can see how everything will work. I have a few demo videos you can check out also!

1. NetSuite/CC - for exporting credit card expenses
    2. NetSuite/Reimbursable - for exporting reimbursable expenses

Here is our guide to connect NetSuite to your expense policy when you're ready.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have more questions.

• Nur

Hi @Karisa Latta, thank you so much for your prompt response! We would definitely want to try the new Group policy option first. With this, would we have to go through all of the steps in the guide to connect NetSuite first, create the new group policy, have employees submit expenses and then test the integration?

• Karisa Latta
    Karisa Latta Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 147 Expensify Team

Yes, you have that mostly in the right order. You'll want to create the new group policy first (navigate to Settings - Policies - Group and click New Policy), then connect NetSuite using the guide, and then have employees test at least 1 or 2 reports.

Please let me know how it goes!

• Nur

Hi, @Karisa Latta is there a more comprehensive guide to testing report flow through to NetSuite? A few questions we have are

1. How do departments flow through to NetSuite? Is there a way to add department coding to employees in Expensify?
    2. In our test instance of Expensify we see only 1 GL code flowed through from NetSuite (for employees to code to). How do the GL codes get imported to Expensify?
    3. How would we maintain employee listing/reports in both systems? If we add an employee in Expensify, would an employee record automatically be created in Expensify? Or would we have to create that employee vendor in NetSuite as well in order for their reports to be synced over?

Please let me know if these questions have already been answered! Thank you.

• Jeremy Boniface
    Jeremy Boniface Expensify Team Posts: 202 Expensify Team
    • How do departments flow through to NetSuite? Is there a way to add department coding to employees in Expensify?

I'd recommend checking out the coding guide for NetSuite, where the different options for importing Tags are explained, but let me know if you have other questions.

• In our test instance of Expensify we see only 1 GL code flowed through from NetSuite (for employees to code to). How do the GL codes get imported to Expensify?

Expensify imports Expense Categories from NetSuite, not GL's directly. You can find this option by searching for Expense Categories in NetSuite.

• How would we maintain employee listing/reports in both systems? If we add an employee in Expensify, would an employee record automatically be created in Expensify? Or would we have to create that employee vendor in NetSuite as well in order for their reports to be synced over?

You can do this either way -- there's an option in the Advanced section that allows you to configure this behavior (Automatically Create Employees/Vendors)

As a note, these questions should be answered in the guides that are linked at the bottom of the one that Karisa linked.

• eyalbilgrai
    eyalbilgrai Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer

@Nur were you able to create a report and netsuite template?