Does Expensify recognize multiple credit cards for allocation to specific employees?

kwschneider
kwschneider Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
edited December 2018 in Advanced Admin Controls

We need to be able to designate a credit (or cards) to specific employees for correct expense allocation.

Best Answer

Answers

• kwschneider
    kwschneider Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

Hi @Aussiebandit - while I would normally get excited about this answer - there is a caveat to my question. We are a wealth management firm, providing "third party" management for a family with multiple family employees and enterprises, none of whom are on our domain. We are trying to manage receipt control (and reimbursement, if necessary) for ~15 credit cards, which have various levels of linkage (6 master accounts). Only a handful of the employees share a master family email account - and many use some family business accounts. Our need is to be able assign credit receipts to consolidated CC accounts (with multiple users) for reconciliation. Does Expensify still have a solution for me?

• Aussiebandit
    Aussiebandit Expensify Customer Posts: 256 Expensify Champion

@kwschneider - that's sounds very complex and I will hand over to @Sheena Trepanier or one of her team to answer that

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Hello @kwschneider - Complex indeed! I'm going to reach out to you via email so we can discuss this a bit more.

@Aussiebandit - Thanks for mentioning me on this one and connecting @kwschneider and I!

• vhaascpa
    vhaascpa Approved! Accountant Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Hello, I'm having a similar issue. I have all of my client's master and sub credit cards set up in Domain Control. However, what is the best way to able to export each employee's credit card transactions to their own account in QBO? I know that you should be able to do this if every cc employee had their own account, but some of these employees are no longer active, but still have recurring charges going through their accounts. So no person is actually manning those particular credit cards. To resolve this, we have assigned multiple sub cc accounts to 1 Expensify account, and it seems like Expensify only allows you to pick 1 account to export all transactions from Expensify to QBO. Is this correct? Thanks.