Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!

Add approval workflow for individual expenses over certain dollar amount

180_Accounting
180_Accounting Expensify Customer Posts: 7 Expensify Newcomer

Currently there is an approval workflow if reports are over a certain dollar amount, but I really need an approval workflow if an individual transaction is over a certain dollar amount. For example, the User submits their report to their manager and they have one transaction that is over $10k. The manager is only allowed to approve transactions under $10k so it then needs to be approved and forwarded to an Executive for approval before being approved and forwarded to Accounting for final approval. Could anyone else use this type of workflow approval?

2 votes

Understanding the Issue · Last Updated

Comments

• Sasha Kluger
    Sasha Kluger Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 115 Expensify Team

Thanks for the idea @180_Accounting! While there is no current feature to add an additional level of approval for any expense over a given amount, we do have a few features that could possibly help.

• You can configure a Max Expense Amount, which adds a policy violation to any expense over that amount. To configure a Max Expense Amount, go to Settings > Policies > [your policy] > Expenses and enable Expense Violations under Expense Basics.
    • You can configure Category Limits, which allows you to define a max expense amount for individual categories. To set this up, go to Settings > Policies > [your policy] > Categories and click Edit Rules to set a Max Amount for each category.
    • You can configure Category Approvers, which allows you to add an additional approver if any expenses on a report have a specific category.

Hope that helps!

• 180_Accounting
    180_Accounting Expensify Customer Posts: 7 Expensify Newcomer

Thank you, but unless it is going to an additional level of approval for amounts those do not help. And I don't want it going to an Executive for approval unless there is a category over $10k so that won't work either (it would need to be automated). But I appreciate the suggestions.