Cancel this subscription!

Options
UnhappyCustomer
UnhappyCustomer Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

I just reviewed my payments. I have been paying $9.70 to Expensify per month for the last 3 years and then in the middle of a worldwide pandemic EXPENSIFY DOUBLES the fees but they don't go into effect until the month after my subscription auto renews so that when I see the increase I can't do anything about it. EXPENSIFY is shady as hell!!!

But I did just cancel my credit card so that should take care of that.

Answers

• DianaCarragher
    DianaCarragher Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

I’m shocked this morning to have discovered the same thing - a doubling of my fee at a time when I’m claiming near zero expenses, and with no notice given that I can recall. The offer given of a discount if I take out the Expensify Card, a credit card I neither need nor want.

How can I cancel?

• MadFrank
    MadFrank Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Same thing happened to me as well. I'm on a Group plan with annual subscription. I've been a customer for four years. Now they double the price out of no where? Customer support is no where to be reached. Can't call anyone. It's absurd. I want to switch to an individual plan to keep tracking expenses without the Group double the price policy change. I have a feeling this isn't going to go well either. Who else has this issue?

• DianaCarragher
    DianaCarragher Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

I’ve got a call with my bank’s fraud team booked for Tuesday.

• MadFrank
    MadFrank Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

I had to have a lengthy conversation with Concierge to make this happen but I finally got them to cancel my group policy, let me delete the group policy, switch to an individual policy, confirm all my expenses and reports are still there, then I switched to a Individual Track policy, because that's all I need, and keep my $5/month plan and all my expenses, reports, data in tact. It's a shame I had to jump through so many hoops to make this happen. I'm posting my customer service conversation here so it may help others get out a similar situation that I was in.

• svtechie
    svtechie Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

It is same with my account. They double the price out of nowhere.

• Anna
    Anna Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

We are based in New Zealand and the Expensify card is not available here, so we can't get it but are being hit with a double fee, when I mentioned this to them I was told it was basically too bad. To add insult to injury I see Expensify are giving away $100k to "changemakers". Can anyone recommend a similar app that treats it's customers with a little respect?

• caitlin31
    caitlin31 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Same here - we are trying to cancel and I have had to cancel the credit card as they will not cancel the plan until next February, ever after I offered to pay the extra cost for Feb, March, April and May. Ridiculous! We have switched to Zoho, and so far they are better in every way! More customizability, WAY WAY better customer service, all of our employees have said the software itself is better.

• DBC_NZ_2021
    DBC_NZ_2021 Expensify Customer Posts: 1
    Options

I am a NZ customer experiencing the same issues, subscription has doubled overnight and I can't cancel my subscription. I also can't get the Expensify Card because it isn't available in NZ.

I have been investigating RIP Expenses a NZ based company who is very price competitive, friendly and helpful. This is who I will be switching to.

• ShannonKeen
    ShannonKeen Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

I have the same problem. They told me they notified everyone by email last year. The email was disguised as marketing information with paragraphs and paragraphs of drivel and bar charts, with no clear statement that rates were going up by xx amount starting on xx date. Very misleading and shady. They will not cancel my subscription but I will be contacting our credit card company.

The email subject line is "[Expensify] Fast Concierge is here! (With a catch)" dated 04/21/2020. David Barrett is a scam artist

• MuddyRiv
    MuddyRiv Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Ditto! Our price went from $7 to $28! Won't give us a credit or refund. Supposedly I did not enable the auto renew!

Unbelievable - and crappiest customer service.

• rjanders
    rjanders Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer
    edited July 2021
    Options

see later post (wasn't able to delete this one, just edit it).

• rjanders
    rjanders Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

@MadFrank Thanks for the tip.

I requested a downgrade and they said I could downgrade myself by just deleting the group policies. When I tried, it said that I couldn't until my subscription was done in APR 2022 and to shut off the "auto renew".

They tried to get me to "accept" that as the way it is and to continue to pay them $10 a month until my subscription lapsed, but I just asking nicely if they would cancel my current subscription right away. I reminding them that I had been a loyal paying customer for the past 5 years. Thankfully, they did the right thing and cancelled it. I was then able to delete my group policy and downgrade.

I then turned on the individual monthly subscription before realizing that my Expensify Card was the default payment method. I shut it back off, and then changed my payment card to one of my other cards. Too late for my July payment as that was processed instantly against my Expensify Card, but should be good moving forward.

Now if I can just get my Expensify Card cancelled without them sending me a new one. They don't make that very easy either.

Good luck everyone!

• Rochelle
    Rochelle Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

I am currently trying to cancel our subscription with no joy. I resent being told that "we see that Expensify is absolutely worth the price". It is not absolutely worth the price - not now it isn't.

Any of those of you who have mentioned that you have cancelled your payment card.. have you had any comeback?

• Rochelle
    Rochelle Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options
  • BTidwell
    BTidwell Expensify Customer Posts: 1
    Options

This sorta feels like being at a carnival and the rules change during the con game. I am filing a BBB complaint and I urge you all to do the same if you have been roped into this and they won't cancel your account. I received a phone call from the concierge to discuss our potential implementation and I was told I COULD cancel and now I can't cancel Of course now I can't talk to anyone on the phone about this issue and they refuse to cancel my account. Shame on Expensify for conducting business this way. I can say I am not using this service, never did and I don't intend to pay another cent for it. I think this is an absolute scam.