How do I improve the quality of scanned image?

aconnolly
aconnolly Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

If the receipt is large, the scan is blurry. What should I do to improve the quality of my image?

Best Answers

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓

Hello @aconnolly, happy to help! Are you referring to a receipt that is long so you must take the photo from further away? If so, a few tricks that I've used over the last few years have been:

1. If you don't need to show the itemized receipt, you can fold the receipt so that the top portion and bottom portion are closer together. This allows you to take a photo from much closer.
    2. User a scanner to capture the receipt image. After you've done that you can use drag and drop to drop the image into your Expensify account, email the receipt image to receipts@expensify.com, or upload directly to an expense.

It's also a good idea to make sure you're using the most up to date version of the Expensify app as well. Cheers!

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓

Answers